Direct group store link displays random items

Recently, when opening a group’s store page, random items that don’t belong to the group start appearing. Our new merch isn’t selling at all and I figured it must be due to this problem.

What it displays:

What it’s supposed to display:

(This has been reported before in 2019 and got ‘solved’, but it isn’t fixed)

The strange thing is, It only happens if you use a direct link to the store page:
Direct Link

Now try opening it from the group itself. Just click the store tab. It should display the right clothing.
Group Link

Now refresh the page. Yep. It shows the wrong thing again.

it’s not just my group:

And this is pretty bad, the site is basically advertising clothing that isn’t mine, on my group.

My conclusion is that using a direct link somehow causes the wrong stuff to be displayed. I haven’t found any workarounds outside of telling people to click the ‘Store’ tab themselves.

18 Likes

It’s global, I managed to replicate this on my own group.

This only appears when you are linked directly to the store tab on a group page (compared to being linked to the group/another tab then moving to the store tab)

If you (or anyone reading this) use links to that stuff, I’d advise swapping them out for your catalog page (can be found at the “see all” button in the top right of the store tab) at least for now. (personally I’d say swap it anyway so people have a searchbar for your clothes)

I don’t see this as being something roblox would care to fix any time soon considering it’s such a specific thing to happen, however I feel it should be much more urgent (as shown in the original post, people lose profit if they link to it somewhere, or worse people could think they’re a clothing thief because it’s very clearly full of stolen clothing and tell everyone that, giving them a bad reputation)

1 Like

When you click on a piece of clothing (that it should be showing) and click back arrow, it shows catalog clothing

I can replicate on my group.

It honestly looks like most of the clothing items are the same on every single group. Notice how most of them are made by a content deleted group with 4 emojis in the name, or describe the clothes with many different emojis in a clickbaity way.

1 Like

My biggest problem with it is the fact that these clickbaity and stolen clothing is being advertised on my store page when im trying to sell my own merch. It’s absolutely mad.

2 Likes

This is very frustrating considering the amount of work that designers such as myself put into making clothing. Only for it to be overshadowed completely by random items. These random clothing items are getting free advertising through our groups and it’s not fair at all.

2 Likes

Hi @Beeplets

I Reported You’re same issue to the bug report team (some days ago)

Issue should be now fixed soon:

This happens when you click the store tab as well

Still hasn’t be fixed.

The strangest thing is that it is displaying botted clothing

I’ve experienced this in the past, this is a visual bug. The clothing doesn’t save but it does indeed deter customers from buying the correct clothing from your group stores.

Unfortunately until they fix it I would suggest to link people directly to the catalog with your username/group name inputted if you want to show all of your available clothes.

Here is what I mean:
Instead of posting this link:
https://www.roblox.com/groups/5149923/Tw1sted#!/store
You can post this link instead:
https://www.roblox.com/catalog?Category=3&Subcategory=3&CreatorName=Tw1sted&CreatorType=Group&SortType=3
This will show all your onsale clothes sorted however you want, and you can see many more clothes at once!

Hopefully this will work as a temporary solution to link people to the catalog on clothing pages.

1 Like

As They Said, The issue It is slowly being resolved.
Roblox is a huge company and will probably have priority over certain things, just be patient.

I’m unsure if this is related, however this glitch seems closely related.

Whenever you go into your avatar and search for hats in your inventory, it sometimes displays the wrong selection of items in the accessories category.

For example, when you go search “Hair Accessories” it shows you a bunch of random items that you own.

Not only does this bug affect groups and the avatar shop, but it may also affect your Roblox settings.

People have been reporting how their user settings have been switched to unprivate when it was privated, or how their trades get turned on when it was explicitly turned off. This occurred with me last night when my inventory was unprivated out of nowhere when it was 100% off, my account also had a pin and no items were stolen, so I highly doubt it was compromised.

Glitch1

Glitch2

If this issue is related by any means, this glitch could be much more serious then we have anticipated. I hope there’s a resolution to this issue soon, since it’s a bit scary thinking about the vulnerabilities of this glitch. :sweat:

And the worst thing is, it’s the same clothing every time! This makes it worse in my opinion.

I noticed this bug about a day or so ago. I have a shirt for sale in my group store. But it doesn’t show up.

1 Like

I’ll just update on this myself, it seems like the problem has been resolved!
91S7Qb71Og

6 Likes

With the issue being resolved, I will close the topic. If you encounter the issue or any other issue feel free to creati a new topic.

2 Likes