Disable Automatic Accessory Resizing?

My goal was to create a humanoid with a head that opens up with a mouth. I managed to achieve this by making two separate meshes, in which I attached to a normal humanoid NPC by making them accessories. A script sizes them to the proper size.

Access
ImageOfHead2

This works as intended, until I physically touch the NPC with my character in game. When I touch the NPC, something weird happens to the attachments. They spontaneously resize:

I think this might be caused by some form of the auto-sizing of accessories of scaled humanoids, but I’m not 100% sure. Another thing to note is that this change is only visible locally. The server sees no visible changes in the sizes of the accessories.

I’m positive that this doesn’t originate from something in my code. Does anyone know why this happens? If it is due to auto-sizing of accessories, is there a way to disable that? I know there is an AutomaticScalingEnabled property for humanoids, but disabling that removes the ability for the humanoid to be scaled via HumanoidDescription. Can I only disable this for accessories? Thanks!

4 Likes

OMG THAT IS TERRIFYING! jesus dude

Can you provide code?

I think the problem is the Player Character somehow trying to resize the Giant Accessories when it’s connected

Try using that, irrc it only Disables further changes to the size but doesn’t set it back to default

5 Likes

Ahh that was it! Thank you! After setting the size of the heads, disabling AutomaticScalingEnabled prevented them from further being resized! Thanks for pointing this out, I’ve been trying to solve this for days :wink:

Also I’m glad to see they gave you a scare haha! :smiley:

1 Like

@iColorDev I don’t know how to fix it but that is a great NPC you have made!

1 Like