Disable forward and backward movement for Thumbstick?

I’m designing a game I would like for the player to only move left and right as there is no reason to move forward or backward. I forked the control module to unbind some controls which I successfully have done for keyboard. My problem lies with the thumbstick controls as they seem bit more complicated to edit then a simple unbinding.

I fear I may just have to come up with my own thumbstick controls which I’m not too sure on how to do either.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, left and right are the X axis of the controller, and up and down is the Y axis, so you should just be able to Ctrl + F in the script and find where it’s reading the input.Y axis, and remove that code for moving foward and backwards.

2 Likes

That seemed to do the trick, but the thumbstick GUI is a little messed up. The thumbstick jumps to the top, but that could be from making the Y value somewhere as 0. I’ll need need to figure out how to make that transparent or find and fix that value. Thank you for your help!

If my memory serves me correctly from the last time I messed with controllers. The top should be 1, the bottom -1 and the middle 0. You could also try and find where it’s moving it when they move the thumbstick and just change it so it only moves on the X axis, or just leave it moving the thumbstick gui on the X and Y and then have it only move the character on the X.

1 Like

I fixed it so the GUI is untouched but only moves on the X axis. You helped a lot. Thanks!

1 Like

Happy to help!

1 Like