Disable Humanoid Stair Climbing?

I’m trying to keep the player from climbing large stairs, Because they seem to just phase through the step and it’s really ugly. I

It also seems to try climbing the larger block, But just kinda hovers above the ground.

I’ve tried disabling climbing, But I had it check the humanoid state every time it changed and it just changes to RunningNoPhysics. I disabled RunningNoPhysics with SetStateEnabled, But it makes no difference.

I set the max slope angle to 0, and it had a lot more trouble getting up the stairs, But it still did it.

I have my own custom control script, So I know this is the humanoid doing it. I really don’t want to make my own fully custom movement system that doesn’t use the humanoid, Since it’s really complicated. Is there any way to fix this?

1 Like

You can change this by setting the HipHeight for the character to be lower than the step height. You may have to add additional offsets into your animations to compensate for the lower height though.

3 Likes

This technically kinda works, But still has issues, It’ll still try to climb the smaller step, Just with no success. It kinda floats above the ground when walking into it. Is there no way to just disable the step climbing? If not then roblox really needs to add something to disable it.