Disable the "{Team} You are now on the 'X' team." message with the new TextChatService?

Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is a way to disable the message that pops up in the chat every time you change team saying “{Team} You are now on the ‘X’ team.” I am using the new TextChatService (not LegacyChatService) so I cannot use the traditional method of commenting line 172 in a certain module script.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Edit: Looks like the topic is locked, but I can update this post hopefully. We shipped a change today that will actually prevent messages from appearing in the chat window if they only contain whitespace. This means what I’ve posted below should now behave as the OP requested.

There’s not a great way to hide these system messages yet. This is something we should consider supporting with TextChannel.ShouldDeliverCalback.

You may edit this message however if that helps in the meantime. You should be able to detect the message incoming with it’s metadata value: Roblox.Team.Success.NowInTeam

TextChatService.OnIncomingMessage = function(textChatMessage)
    if textChatMessage.Metadata == "Roblox.Team.Success.NowInTeam" then
        local override = Instance.new("TextChatMessageProperties")
        override.Text = " " -- note the intentional whitespace is included int he string
        return override
    end
end

I’ll update this thread when we have a proper solution.

17 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.