Disable trade request messages

ok I was already getting dozens of trades a day before these bots surfaced, I’m a frequent poster on Let’s Make a Deal, so that doesn’t help my situtation

but now I’m getting hundreds of trades a day with bots, my inbox is flooded with trade request messages, and it’s making legitimate messages not being noticed/read by me.

I could disable trades ----> but I actually do trade daily, so unless I wish to stop trading, I have to deal with hundreds of messages that don’t serve me much purpose.

a easy solution would be the option to disable trade request messages, you know the ones

might’ve been suggested before, couldn’t find a thread though

30 Likes

Isn’t there a option for TRQ from friends and people “I” follow?

4 Likes
4 Likes

I want to be able to get trade requests from every user

3 Likes

Well, then i suggest them following you, instead of having it open to anyone, that isn’t interesting in following you.
Not that following does anything, other than behaving like twitter follow.
You can basicly follow anyone, like you want to add them as friends.
Without being accepted.

My guess would be that roblox would only be adding a bandage to a woond, that will keep opening, even if you plaster it.

1 Like

You get a message when you get a trade offer. The request is for an option to not receive said messages. It is not a bandage, it is the solution to the problem.

14 Likes

Yes please! Or maybe make it something like a notification instead, which says how many trades you have received?

6 Likes

Trading bots have slowly made my inbox more and more cluttered, as I get dozens of these redundant messages per day… I like being able to trade but I don’t think I need to be notified every hour that another bot has sent me a request.

My Inbox

5 Likes

that’s a neat alternative

instead of messages for trades, send you notification through the notification stream.

I just want to take back my inbox

4 Likes

This is still a completely relevant issue today and I completely support this. Having 2 pings from the trades tab AND messaging tab is completely redundant and should be removed.

I get like 5 requests a day on average, and I like to read my messages when I get them too. having an automated message that informs me about a new trade request is uselessly redundant. There is almost no reason to have a message appear as well.

Look at how annoying it is to have your inbox spammed with useless messages:

Please remove this, I’d like to be able to read important messages like GDPR notices and messages from supporters without them being washed out by trade messages.

11 Likes

since I’m an active trader I get a lot of trades in a short period of time, for example in the past hour alone I’ve gotten a handful.

I’m not only worried about missing like a message from a fan, but I’ve been super paranoid about missing GDPR messages since I’ve received some already…

9 Likes