[Disabled] Groups Navigation Change: Update Group Store Links

UPDATE Sept 2:
Due to an issue with advertisements we have temporarily disabled this update.

Hi devs,

Do you find navigating between your groups slow and tedious? Fear no more! Introducing client side navigation for groups :tada:

You’ll now be able to navigate between your groups as QUICK AS A CHEETAH! :tiger2: :dash:

GroupsNav

“Wow! Amazing! Is there a catch?” :eyes:

Yes… :pensive:

Due to some technical limitations with how we handle URL changes and redirects, all old Group URLs (regardless of which tab they reference: About, Store, or Affiliates) will now link to the About tab. This means, if you’re linking to your group store from anywhere, please take a moment to update your link from

www.roblox.com/groups/7/Roblox#!/store

to

www.roblox.com/groups#!/7/store

Sorry about the inconvenience, but we hope you LOVE this change! :cactus:

239 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

I really like this change. Simple but effective! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Looks :fire: I LOVE it!!!

5 Likes

The update we didn’t know we needed. Works like a dream and is a great quality of life update!

9 Likes

It’s great to see Roblox staff continuing to make more quality-of-life improvements on their website! Hope to see more improvements in the future, too!

16 Likes

This is such a simple UX change that removes those few extra clicks :slight_smile:

You wont realise how quick those few extra clicks add up.

7 Likes

Subtle yet exciting change. I’m sure this will save time when people are in a hurry. Very nice to see Roblox working on a few small improvements as well.

3 Likes

Much quicker to switch between groups but still a rather large delay upon entering the group store.

Any plans to fix this in the future?

3 Likes

This makes group navigation a WHOLE lot faster, was annoyed that you have to reload the whole page to switch groups.

As always, incredible update that is always welcome, can’t wait to see more :eyes:

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean - if you’d like to directly navigate to a group store, you can still do that with the new url format, but switching between tabs will always take a bit of time.

5 Likes

An update that’s good to come. First of all, thanks for this. @BitwiseAndrea :slight_smile:

Yes, transitions are faster now. How did you do this? :face_with_monocle:

I have one more suggestion about groups:
I think the ability to sort groups (other than primary ones) would be nice. Thanks for the update! :wrench:

3 Likes

Omg that’s epic, thanks a lot for this update!

2 Likes

Does this url change open the door to eventually being able to rename groups?

4 Likes

I really love this because now i don’t have to wait.

2 Likes

Certainly not needed but a nice quality of life update. Just safes a little bit of time witch is nice.

3 Likes

This is very crucial for group moderators as they will be able to spot people not following the rules faster than ever, now I’m looking forward for Roblox offering us to be able to send robux to a group without it being taken away by a useless 30% cut.

3 Likes

Yea this would be very great so if you work for some groups but also joined some groups because you play their games you can put the ones you work for before the ones because you play their games.

6 Likes

The 30% is from the purchase and Roblox is currently working on a way to add group funds without a purchase. Also, the 30% tax is so @Roblox can make money also to make it so you cant transfer 100% of the Robux in between accounts for scaming and other reasons against TOS.

2 Likes