Disabling CharacterAutoLoads breaks the StarterGui

I think that the gui is actually cloned when the player spawns (that’s what makes sense to me to explain this).

If that’s true then it would simply be changing the gui cloner script and make the first gui clone happen when the player joins, and all others when the character spawns, if ResetOnSpawn is true.

Of course it is easy to fix this by simply doing it yourself and making a script that clones the gui, but I dislike the idea of having codes around for things I shouldn’t need to do, cluttering the Explorer.

Well, what I decided to do in my initializer code for my interface is to clone the Guis, but unfortunately this means they also get cloned again when I load the character for the first time, which means I have to delete the duplicates, which is stupid.

Guis should be completely separate from the character (or we should at least be given the capability to control this behavior)

1 Like

Yup, I think this behaviour should be applied:

1 Like

Nothing in my StarterGui is cloning at the moment.

I’ve been giving the player a character manually (since there’s no way to :LoadCharacter() with a custom rig at the moment) and it loads the PlayerGui. Here’s the catch: it only works for SOME people. Half of the time it works, the other half it doesn’t. I can’t figure out how to fix this after hours of messing with it, so I’m thinking it’s an unintentional feature? Even then, there should be a way to have custom rigs using :LoadCharacter()

2 Likes

Still no fix for this? Just ran into it.

Just ran into it too. It’s solved here:

1 Like

How has this not been fixed 7 years later it can’t be that difficult.

2 Likes

Im dying from laughter, but anyways, 1/21/2024 and the issue is still alive.

However I wondered if you clone and set game ui’s over manually and you load character again does it dupe the ui? one done by scripts other done by game waiting for character