System information

• Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX x570-E GAMING
  • CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
  • GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
  • RAM 32 GBs
  • OS Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

Roblox Version 0.604.0.6040509

Reproduction
The bug occurs regardless of whether my beta features and plugins are enabled or not.

When filtering Workspace for an instance, if you select any instance displayed during that filter, insert an instance of any class into that selected instance, and deselect the newly created instance. Once you leave the filtering mode, the instance will have seemed to never been created even though it has been.

Repro File
Repro.rbxl (33.2 KB)

Workaround

• Collapse and then expand the first parent of the inserted instance
  • Close and reopen studio (if you’re feeling spicy)

Expected behavior

What I expect to happen is when backing out of the filtering mode, the created instance shows.

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you .

Hi,

The good news is I am able to reproduce this. The bad news is that I have bashed my head against it since you posted it and have not gotten close to a fix :frowning:

There are however two pieces of “alright that’s not so bad” news:

1. We have some internal work underway to make fixing bugs like this (explorer bugs with reproducible results) a lot easier. This will probably be done sometime soon and so I can look into this again when that rolls around, to hopefully better results.
  2. In the longer term, we plan on making some large internal overhauls to the explorer that will probably fix every bug like this.

Thanks for the report!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the update! I appreciate how vigilant you’ve been with this bug (and presumably others) :slight_smile:

1 Like