[DISCONTINUED] [v1.1.0] ReplayService - Replay object movement

this project is no longer being updated

Update Log

Version 1.1.0 - August 18th, 2022

• Added feature register/unregister objects mid-recording (see Register()/Unregister in the documentation for more info
  • Ability to use the module on the client (only the client would control the module/see the replay) and the server (the server would control the module and every player would see the replay

Version 1.0.0 - August 15th, 2022

• Changed the name from ThePhantomReplay To ReplayService

Future plans

• None at the moment, please tell me what else this module needs in the comments!

I created what I like to call an Object Replay System. This is a system that records the movements of an object (or multiple objects), saves them to the system cashe, and allows you to replay those movements at a later time.

Obviously, you can use external recording software (OBS, Bandicam) to record your game. However, the way I would use this module is to record everything in workspace, and save the replay to some sort of database to be requested and replayed on another roblox game (Although, it will only record the objects that are registered. This will be fixed once I work on the module more.)

The documentation, source code, and tutorial can be found at this GitHub link

EXAMPLE VIDEO (note that the UI is just for visualization; it isn’t part of the module)

17 Likes

Let me know what you think in the comments!

1 Like

Does the replay system capture children of a model? And a video showing it’s capabilities would be nice.

1 Like

At the moment, it will only capture the CFrame of a registered model’s PrimaryPart. Same goes for Parts. As for a video, I can make one. Will only take a few minutes.

1 Like

This is not how you name files. They should end in .lua (for Lua code, use the appropriate file extensions for other files) and (preferably) not have spaces in the names. You can use branches for different versions if necessary.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! It’s my first time open sourcing and I’m not too sure of how I should name my files.

Just a small thing, but when you’re open sourcing something, you should probably remove the unnecessary prints in the open sourced version.

Also one thing I noticed was that you did something like this:

if value == false then

Just wondering but why don’t you do something like this instead?

if not value then

Cool module though.

2 Likes

Forgot about those print statements :sweat_smile:

As for the way I wrote that condition, it’s just a habit I got from other programming languages.

1 Like

Nice module! Will definitely use it if I have context.

1 Like

ReplayService has been updated, check the documentation and this post!

Preview for version 2.1.0

Hey, I know you discontinued this resource, but is there any way you could send the source code/ documentation, I’m currently trying to build a similar system for my game and would love to get some inspiration! It seems the GitHub repo is deleted/private

1 Like