Discord quicklink on your profile

The ““Reminder”” Regarding Permissible Links post is essentially the staff response.

I dont agree. :-1:

Why? Discord has been used to bypass swearing like ALOT, thats the main reason im aganist discord in roblox - its not child friendly at all.

Adding that to the quicklinks will surely expand discords on roblox, but since roblox arleady reminded us that discord is not allowed gives me another reason.

Twitter/Facebook/Youtube/Twitch/Google+ can be used to bypass filter aswell, so what?

Well discord is a very different case as it is live chat, which is way less painful than twitter/youtube/(not really for facebook)/Google+/Twitch messages.

People replace discord with roblox messages ALOT, thats why its worse than Twitter/Facebook/Youtube/Twitch/Google+ - people are more likely to do that.

Discord can contain NSFW content.

This is a huge difference compared to Twitter/Facebook/Youtube/Twitch/Google+, it makes discord sometimes (mostly, depending on what servers they are in) EXTREMLY non-kid friendly.

• These are just some of my points, but I think thats enough to prove that it is a bad idea.
1 Like

Twitter has DMs. Twitch has its own live chats. Google+ has Google Hangouts.

I don’t see how using Discord instead of Roblox messages matters.

Twitter also has NSFW content.

3 Likes

Compare it to how many people use those, and how many people use discord’s.

And Twitter contains far worse, trust me.

As true as it being a live chat is, your wording here is completely wrong, or I’m assuming so, way less painful? So that means… it’s better?
Twitter, Youtube, Twitch, etc all have live chats as well, Twitter is essentially a live platform updating automatically without you refreshing the page.

How… does this make it worse than everything else? Because it’s a good platform people like to use for communication… it’s worse than everything?

And so can YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter. Especially Twitter. You have a full profile on Twitter that can draw in attention from unwanted people, and more, if anything, on Discord, it’s safer for most because it’s harder to find others without knowing their discriminator, or a server they are in.

But… how? You’ve given no reasons, except reasons that all of the sites share?

Not to mention people can easily choose what servers they are in, who they want to interact with, etc. Discord has full report functions now, as well as block features, NSFW filters, and so on.

Discord has really changed a lot in regards to safety. There are actual precautions, that do work.

3 Likes

I didnt actually mean that the platform itself is worse, I use it myself but I saw what discords did to people on groups, and I actually felt bad for them. I saw many discord servers with (real life) nsfw channels with bots, swearing in almost every sentence and alot of toxic people (including the owners, mostly).

I compared it to Twitter/Facebook/Youtube/Twitch/Google+ and there were less cases with Twitter/Facebook/Youtube/Twitch/Google+ and significantly more cases with discord, but that just might be my experience.

I’m concerned about the younger players alot, and I am not defending Twitter/Facebook/Youtube/Twitch/Google+ in any way, This feature is a 99% no forever because of the statement roblox admins made and their opinions.

I respect and use discord myself - I just dont think it would fit our audience.

1 Like

And I think that roblox doesnt want discord to have attention for their own reasons. (Just a guess.)

This isn’t the platform as a whole, and is really rare. I’ve been on the platform since it’s been created pretty much, and out the hundreds (maybe thousands) of servers I’ve been in, only a handful actually had NSFW bots.

As for cursing, every platform has cursing for the most part, people curse in real life, I don’t really understand why you hit on that so hard, yes, under 13 shouldn’t be cursing, but they’re going to hear it in their daily lives, and on TV.

Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Twitch, etc, are all 13+ platforms, just like Discord, I’ve seen the only real argument against Discord is pre-screening isn’t possible like it is on other platforms.

Other than that, most arguments brought up are baseless and irrelevant to the actual argument.

Well, with twitter people still put it in the status and basically where they can - which basically bypasses the whole 13+ thing.

People will do the same with discord, and I really dont want even +13 people to be exposed to that as most of roblox users lied about their age because of the #### filter.

Roblox wont add it no matter how much we try anyway :confused:

Because it’s allowed and not against the rules as long as they aren’t linking directly to another website they are fine doing that.

Roblox for the most part, allows you to post twitter links anywhere, even though it’s a 13+ platform.

Well Roblox is weird, from one side they make extremly secure filters, from second they allow that :confused:

From mym experience, I just dont think it will work in the long run, and I dont think that I will change my mind anytime soon.

I still respect people that want discord on roblox, and I would be fine with it as long as our community wouldn’t suffer.

(But I perfectly understand why they make such filters - as bypassing it in game creates a bad opinion than allowing other sites that can bypass those. I dont want the community to be limited either.)

I think we all have noticed how much discord and roblox has became intertwined over the last few months and, therefor, I feel there is a need to further expand on the idea that discord social links on games and goops had by adding a method to add a discord tag onto your profile.

Why? Well many reasons which I shall now list (feel free to contribute more in replies):

1. It is everyone’s ‘go-to’ for contact, you ask someone to apply for a job and the first thing 9/10 people do is give you their discord tag, this idea would mitigate the need for these exchanges since you could just view each others by going to their roblox profile.

2. Friend limits, as far as im concerned discord does not have friend limits, so while roblox is capped at 200, the ability to add 13+ users on your discord expands the social aspect roblox as a platform is built on.

3. Roblox filter being a pain to communicate for 13+ users, Discord has virtually unmoderated chat (This presents an issue that I shall justify later) and therefor it is easier for players to communicate on discord then it would be on roblox, people can also join calls further enhancing the social aspect of roblox since you can actively chat and play at the same time.

As stated, the fact discord is unmoderated may be a point of controversy, however given discord server links are already allowed and access to platforms such as twitter with similar levels of unfiltered chat apply I feel this shouldn’t be an issue (Obviously this feature should only be seen by 13+ users)

We can all say we have discord accounts, and we can all say we have had times where we have struggled to contact someone, I feel this is a solution to many problems.

10 Likes