Discord quicklink on your profile

Unsure how to explain what I want, or the technical terms so here is a picture:

Pressing the discord icon would redirect to the discord webpage and offer to send an FR to the person, like so:

This would be great for me because I don’t check my PMs at all, and there are people who seriously want to contact me to dev for me or report bugs, and this streamlines the process of finding me.

Edit:

Some people also suggested the quick link should be visible and usable by over 13 users.
Some other ppl also wanted it to show up on groups, perhaps with twitter and youtube quicklinks there as well. That’d be neato.

133 Likes

I think if the user is 13+, this should be an option

39 Likes

Additionally, an Email quicklink would be helpful as well. It’s much easier to converse with clients that way.

10 Likes

I don’t see why this can’t be an option considering Twitter and Facebook have options for private messaging. Support!

18 Likes

I definitely support this.

4 Likes

100% support. Discord is now pretty much standard for building communities around games.

23 Likes

this would be quite the feature.

nice status btw.

7 Likes

I am not sure this is the solution to that. Maybe a similar thing on the group page which would invite you to the discord, that’d be neato.

@ChipioIndustries

Additionally, an Email quicklink would be helpful as well. It’s much easier to converse with clients that way.

Um, I think this wouldn’t be used as using a private email is a just a dumb idea, and a public email is hard to manage. Discord would totally remove the need for this.

@darkhero149 I’m glad you like it <3

4 Likes

Support for this! Discord is the new meta for communication and it’s pretty difficult to get access to someone’s discord when you don’t know them.

5 Likes

It can’t be added as it is >13 only. Likewise, there is no global ruleset like in Twitter, yt etc.

4 Likes

Nope

1 Like

There is a global ruleset, and it’s fairly in line with twitters.

And given that nudity is allowed, as is swearing and gore on both websites, something which is definitely not COPPA, not sure that’s an issue.

5 Likes

Both Discord and Twitter require it’s users to be at least 13 before joining.

https://twitter.com/en/tos

9 Likes

Support. This would be a very useful feature.

1 Like

Discord was suppose to have a report button at one point, still working on it apperently. I think once that is added, perhaps it could be. If it was, i agree with above, only 13+

2 Likes

Support.

1 Like

Twitter doesn’t require an account, discord does.

Discord has NSFW tags but it doesn’t have any enforcement on this, whilst Twitter deletes unflagged nsfw content.

1 Like

support!

1 Like

I support this

1 Like

As ikiled stated, I believe if the user is 13+ they should have the option to set a discord quicklink and also view them.

Edit: Extra information

1 Like