Discord to Roblox Moderation Bot

Thanks you for this creation! It came in real handy! :smiley:

1 Like

No problem!

I didn’t know that it increases that by a lot, my guess it’s because it does it on the server and/or the Tweens

When making it, I honestly got confused without the divider there, I thought it’ll be easier for players to know what is the title and what is the description

What are those?

Offset just made it look right while scale made it either really big or really small

I thought that if I didn’t Tween every single thing, it’ll just look wrong

I wanted to make everything on the server for some reason, I guess for easy deployment, though what’s the difference? Is it performance, or another factor?

2 Likes

Yea, I see your point, though I’d go for a much thinner divider. I find the one you have right now a little bit too big.

Because scaling goes relative to the screen. A wider screen means a wider scaled UI. UIAspectRatio counters that by specifying an AspectRatio

Yep, I can definitely relate there. It is possible to get a correct scaling though. Like the UI I sent previously.

Transparency is such a pain, you’d have to tween every SINGLE element. This is why I suggest tweening just the container’s position.

Think of it like this, when you have clients do the tweens, all the clients run their normal tweens. When the server does it, it has to tween it for every player (Not to mention multiple tweens per UI), which would slow performance.

All in all, the only problems I found came from either Server-Client inefficiency and a few small UI issues.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, when you do tweens on the server, its not very smooth on client due to replication lag.

1 Like

UPDATES

Added studio check to the logger script so that it doesn’t spam my channel lol
Rewrote README to include credits

2 Likes

^ I forgot to mention that I added drag to the announcement UI, my bad

1 Like

For some reason, I’m on a mac and when I try to click on the git hub link and download it, it doesn’t show up in studio. How do I fix this?

1 Like

You need to manually import them into studio

1 Like

I figured out that I had to change it to .rbxl.

1 Like

You don’t need to change the file to a .rbxl one

For hosting I recommend ark hosting the other hosting sites seem to be (not free) when they claim they are.

Or they are so confusing.

Ark is completely free but has a limit of so many servers you can make.

Here the link if anyone wanna try it.

https://arkhost.xyz/

Hey, would I be able to add this to an already existing bot?

You should be able to, though if they have different command handlers, then good luck

Sorry for bump

Fixed moderate bug where if you supplied empty datastore value (or if datastores returned nil) it would break the whole system, please download the new files from the link in step 7 or put the bottom chunk of code in MainModule\GetDataValue after the top chunk of code

if e then
		require(script.Parent.Components.SendResponse):Send("false", e)
		return
	end
	if value == nil then
		require(script.Parent.Components.SendResponse):Send("true", "There's no value for the settings supplied")
		return
	end

It’s not working for me, whats wrong with it?

Could It possibly be because I deleted some commands in the replit

Are there any errors in the console?

Not that I can see. It says “I have successfully sent the request over for Roblox to read! If there is no response, it’s most likely that the server is down”, 20 minuets go by and still says “In Use” and I go in-game and my test account isnt banned.

Were there any servers open?

Oh. do they need to be open? Or no

Yea, they should be at least one server running