Discord Webhook | Http Forbiddeon

So my discord webhook has been working. Last message sent at this time last night.
But when I try using it now, it says "HTTP 403 (Forbidden). Ay ideas why?

My game does allow HTTPS requests.

Your webhook may have been blocked by discord, what exactly were you doing with it? Check your emails.
If all is clear, do you mind PM’ing me your code so I can check if your doing everything correctly?

Everything is been done correctly. It’s been working for months without being touched. Basically, the webhooks just allows people to send a message to discord by clicking something and chatting in chat; a suggestion/feedback thing, which doesn’t violate ROBLOX ToS. I have no emails, btw.

Wasn’t really going on about Roblox’s ToS and roblox blocking your webhook but rather Discords ToS and them blocking it, it is possible that it may be sending too many requests, thus discord blocked you from making anymore webhooks and stopping you from making requests with that webhook.

Hm. That is possible. But there are only like, 1 message every few hours. So it shouldn’t be the case, right?

PS: Making another webhook didn’t work either.

Right, unless a troll decided to spam it, or a bunch of people at once decided to spam it, etc.

true. But wouldn’t a new webhook work if that was the case?

Once discord blocks you, you’re blocked (most likely by IP).

How would I be able to tell if I’m blocked?

Discord blocks Roblox servers. Proxy your request.

1 Like

“Proxy my request”? What do you mean by that?

Try making a new webhook and verifying if everything is correct then making it send a message.

Have the Roblox game server make a request to a proxy server that will be the middle man who fulfills the request to the webhook.

Already tried. I got the same error.
What does HTTP 403 mean anyways?

I still don’t understand what you mean by proxy.

Access Denied, I believe.
Looked it up:
“The HTTP 403 Forbidden client error status response code indicates that the server understands the request but refuses to authorize it . The access is permanently forbidden and tied to the application logic”

A proxy server is a middleman that will take in requests and then fullfill them to the desired server. In this case, you want a server that will take in a web request with data meant to be sent to your discord webhook URL, then the proxy will fullfill the actual request.

I don’t know how to do that. I don’t mess around much with http requests.

I did it with a Discord to Roblox messaging system. I used Google Spreadsheets for it, go give it a look.

Since you are not knowledgeable enough to write something on your own, here is a link to a github repository by Froast.

He has this ProxyService which you can host on Heroku, which you could use to proxy your web requests to discord.

2 Likes