Discord Webhooks - Integrating Roblox with Discord

Oh okay, actually I created an Webhook now what do I do? I would like fully script to make it as I said about when an player buys a gear then it should post on my discord server for purchases they does.

1 Like

I would utilize the PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished occasion of MarketplaceService then inside the occasion make an impression on the webhook.

2 Likes

Just to clarify, the gears purchased that you’re trying to make into a webhook message are gamepasses for one of your games, correct?

If you’re talking about ROBLOX gears which players can buy and you get a percent of it, such as a katana, etc, it’s not possible to my knowledge to make the webhook post those without throttling the Discord webhook posting limit.

Now, if you’re looking to post a message via the webhook every time someone buys a gamepass, I would suggest using the PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished feature as @COUNTYL1MITS has been suggesting through this thread. All the webhook information is included in the original post.

2 Likes

Oh, okay. By the way, how do I make a Webhook online and appearing in Discord server?

1 Like

Webhooks don’t have an “online” status, and they don’t appear either. You just need to script them, and they automatically start working. Hope this helped.

2 Likes

A webhook is not a user. According to Discord,

Discord’s built-in Webhooks function as an easy way to get automated messages and data updates sent to a text channel in your server. Think of them as one of those fancy pneumatic tube things you used to love sending money into at a bank and watch disappear, but instead of never seeing your money again, you’re sending messages into Discord from another platform.

3 Likes

This is a great thing you can use with your roblox games. I just got discord today, and I’m going crazy with it. The first thing I did was create a webhook.

1 Like

Well folks, I’ve got some bad news for you. Now I might be wrong, but I was looking for how to make a webhook post in my discord server from my roblox game (just like in this thread) but it turns out that discord now blocks any requests from roblox games. The request will still be sent to discord’s servers, but it won’t do anything about it. This was because people were using things like error logs that were overloading discord’s servers. I know there are workarounds for it but I don’t know exactly how.

1 Like

I work at a daycare group called Little Moonies Daycare and they have admin logging in their discord server that comes from their interview center.

1 Like

Discord lifted the ban on Roblox, but don’t think they won’t ban Roblox again.

One thing to avoid using this for is sending a post request for every single message, player join, player leave, etc. as this costs Discord a TON of bandwidth and has lead to them blocking Roblox’s IP ranges in the past, ruining this for everyone who used it responsibly. (yeah, you could have used proxies, but that’s just another point of failure) Not only that, but It’s incredibly inefficient to do this and will eat up your HTTP service limit really fast, and there’s a good chance Discord will take action on your account. I see so many people who use webhooks in this fashion and it makes no sense.

3 Likes

A very useful tutorial, however there is just one inconsistency with Part 3, you explain requiring HttpService and assign it to the http variable and then later refer to it with a new HS variable.

1 Like

I don’t think filtering is required, since DISCORD(The reciever) does not have absurd filters for chat, but ROBLOX does.

1 Like

do u know how to make a button in roblox, which will rank u in discord?

1 Like

if yes tell me pls so i need for my game

1 Like

Try looking into the Discord API and make HTTP Requests similar to the ones posted there.

Use http:RequestAsync with PUT and valid authorization.
Or try using this site

and set it to PUT

3 Likes

This is so cool! Thank you so much.

1 Like

how would i make each server have its own unique message? example - instead of sending a new message every time someone joins, it will edit the previous message, make a new line, and put the information on the line.

1 Like

You’ll need to use the undocumented discord PATCH API. Someone talked about it on the Discord Developers server.

HTTP PATCH /webhooks/{webhook.id}/{webhook.token}/messages/{message.id}

Edit: Looks like it’s documented now

2 Likes

Are they banned now?? Because I heared they got banned but was unsure.

2 Likes

discord blocked roblox apis i have heard

1 Like