Discourse App? Do you use it?

Hello, as you may know or not. There is app called Discourse. You can view and open any Discourse Forums in that app. Including DevForum! You can check it out here and here. As you can see the app doesn’t have the best rating.

My question to you is: Do you use it? Why yes, why not? Have you been using it and stopped? Why?

I’m considering of starting using it, but I just got used to having it in browser a lot, anyways I might switch. But I don’t know if there are any better things than having it in browser? I think I was actually even using it for a while, but then switched back.

Would you recommend it or not?

Have a nice day!

Sorry if this has been posted before. But I searched it a lot and didn’t find anything.
2 Likes

I have the app myself however I don’t use it very often because I always have my computer with me. I would also just open devforum.roblox.com on Safari rather than on the app but I decided to switch.

In my opinion the experience is the exact same on the app as it is on a browser because based on reviews I have read on it that is what Discourse Hub is in a nutshell.

2 Likes

I don’t use it much, if not at all since I just find it not that good. Instead, I use Chrome’s option to add the website to home screen thing and it appears as an icon. Plus, unlike using it on the browser, there is no URL bar that takes away those several pixels above.

6 Likes

I never used it, and in fact, I’d be lying if I didn’t say that it is the first time that I have heard about it.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any difference using a Discourse site on the app vs a browser. Take note that the Discourse app was not made by Roblox and any feedback regarding it should be posted on meta.discourse.org

1 Like

I full know that. I’m just trying to gather opinions.

While I do have the discourse app, I very rarely find myself using it. The website on safari works well enough. I also prefer being able to easily edit links, which I can’t do on the application.

1 Like

I had it, but I decided to delete it for personal experiences. It was good, however I didn’t receive any notifications from here in that app, so I use the web version instead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The website version on mobile doesn’t notify you. The app does. Did you deny notification privileges of the app?

I do not use it, since I never use any app below 4 stars, except in extremely rare circumstances. Plus, I always have DevForum open in my browser, so what’s the point?

1 Like

I don’t use the app at all. On computer, I just visit the website. On mobile, I created a home screen button which links to the forum (and it hides the url bar, too - sorta acts like an app itself).

2 Likes

No, I don’t use the app since I prefer my phones Safari version better

1 Like

I can add the devforum website to my home screen on Android and when I click it, it brings up the devforum like a native application while running in Chrome. Much better solution.

1 Like

I only use it when I’m not on my PC because I want to see if there are any new replies or topics which I can read later on my PC. If I have a burning question which I want to ask, I will use the discourse app to write a reply but I don’t really like the format of the forum on mobile.

1 Like

what is the discourse app? I never heard of it…

It’s an app/website that lets you see forums websites or create your own!

(I’m not sure, but maybe the devforum of roblox is created there, because the Discourse template is almost the same the template that the devforum uses)

Yeah, DiscourseHub seemingly sucks. From the images on the Play Store, it seems dated and I don’t really want to use it. Using a PWA brings the DevForum as an app, but it’s actually the website, and, well, it works fine for me. As the saying goes, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

1 Like