Discourse Mobile App

Promotion from basic user seems to be more about what you post, not how many you post. I think your best bet would be to take time and respond with very helpful and suggestive responses - quality over quantity. It would be awesome to have you as a member though.

1 Like

Ooooooh cool!

1 Like

Yeah definitely. I feel like prompt responses to things is usually worth something at least. Prompt responses and good replies :ok_hand:

This app as been around for a while now, is everyone just figuring this out?

1 Like

I notice there seems to be a bug on my Samsung Galaxy S7 this may just be me but whenever I open the application I always have to reauthorize my discourse application to read things/use my account on DevForum for me, I notice for iOS users do not need to always reauthorize the application. This may just be a bug on android, but it is cool for push notifications but then again you could just open a web browser on your phone and goto “devforum.roblox.com” and just login from there. :+1:

1 Like

I think the difference with going to the devforum via a web browser on mobile is that you need to login every time (at least you do on Apple).

I use opera web browser and have my information synced from my computer with an opera account so all passwords sync to my opera browser on my phone so it just automatically logs me in on my web browser. That may just be the web browser you use on iOS or maybe its just iOS itself.

2 Likes

It’s the way Safari works on iOS, which could use a lot of work on its own.

1 Like

Cool! Now I just need to get a phone that supports app downloading… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This feels like the Roblox app: useful in one case but not useful in many others, anyways installing it for just the notifications is fair enough! :stuck_out_tongue:
I really hope Discourse will get a dedicated app in the future, that’d be so convenient.

1 Like

There was no previous documentation of it on the developer forum.

Definitely some changes that could be made but the push notifications are :ok_hand::ok_hand:

I’ll be real, trying to log in with it with dual authentication has been such a nighmare for me with it redirecting me to the actual safari, logging in, and then just not being logged in the next page has been enough to get me to uninstall it. I got the app a fair while ago too

Hmm, that kinda looks like a regular chrome browser…

1 Like