Discover outfits in Marketplace [Test]

anyone notice how they included the “GYATT” accessory lol, i thought that’s the last thing they’d put

14 Likes

Could we ignore that at least ONCE? The avatar is not a problem and does not break any roblox rules, the only problem is the bad people. (Sorry, but anyway, someone had to say it)

But hey, continuing with the forum theme: I didn’t understand XD, they didn’t specify much, even though it’s just a test.
This does excite me a little, but, I don’t know, I feel like in the end it’s probably something different mostly due to the lack of explanation of how this would be used in the future.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure that it’s not about the avatar resembling a wolf.

The shadow for the character is slightly lower than it should be. Also, the character is in a specific pose which isn’t really possible in the avatar editor. This leads me to assume that the character was put on top of an empty avatar editor page during the creation of the GIF.

8 Likes

Oh sweet, I was hoping such a feature would release!

I wasn’t fortunate enough to be selected to test, but I bet users are already satisfied of the feature.

Though…those examples used in the feature showcase don’t look the best in all honesty, couldn’t have you used something more appealing? Didn’t feel so Robloxy. Just my opinion.

Anyhow, I was thinking, perhaps this new feature can be taken a step further. I noticed there is a See All button, but perhaps, on top of that, a filter could be implemented filtering results to just outfits, it would really make outfit discovery easier and more convenient. Because this is reminding me of how shopping experiences are being suggested - through just one row of results, if I am correct. It’s too little.

I read some topic replies, and I believe there is concern over privacy. I don’t see an issue, however, as outfit creator usernames are kept anonymous. By this logic, you could not be the only one who created an outfit, so you’re safe, in my point of view.

4 Likes

This is a great idea but where will these outfits even come from??

7 Likes

I hope they don’t go too far with this, as it competes with developers and experiences trying to make shopping a central theme to the gameplay.

Instead I’d love for Roblox to help us feature related item sets (like I’ve released sets of clothing with matching patterns to create full looks from). The discoverability for these sorts of grouped / sets of items is very lacking.

Leave the finished fashions and outfits for the shopping games to do.

6 Likes

Im not saying it because its a furry, I’m saying it because its actually not a Roblox avatar. If Roblox makes a post to show off a new avatar or catalog feature then they should at least use an avatar that you can make in Roblox.

11 Likes

It’s very interesting how when searching for a word you get an outfit, it would be good if it were managed based on the trending that is used in Roblox or with likes and dislikes. This would help with the selection of accessories.This could be a good implementation for Roblox since sometimes I don’t know what i want to buy for my character.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

roblox, for once, please CLARIFY what the hell these updates are, are these outfits curated? are they instantly made public once you make one? are they simply public versions of the “creations” tab in the avatar section? why does that wolf look like a cereal mascot? any of these should’ve been answered within the post itself.

7 Likes

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback - we really appreciate it! As a reminder, this is a test and we are currently experimenting with different ways to make publicly available outfits (such as those available via our APIs) more discoverable. If we do decide to roll-out this feature more broadly, we will provide more information.

Thank you.

22 Likes

If this wasn’t just limited to Rthro, I would totally use it.

5 Likes

My only concern is about how Roblox went from promoting shopping experiences to directly competing with them. There’s a bunch of developers of different “outfit shop” experiences out there, all of which will be negatively impacted by this update.

8 Likes

There’s only two types of outfits that I know of which can be pulled using Roblox’s Web API. Purchased bundle outfits, and user-made outfits. Anyone, even someone without a Roblox account, can use the Web API to view our outfits. There’s no way to hide our outfits, nothing even telling us they’re publicly visible.

https://avatar.roblox.com/v2/avatar/users/1/outfits?page=1&itemsPerPage=100&isEditable=true
https://avatar.roblox.com/v3/outfits/19461896/details

Could you please clarify whether “publicly available outfits” refers to user-made outfits or not? I don’t want my outfits to be publicly available, let alone resold without my permission.

10 Likes

I got that update!

I clicked “see more”

Here’s some outfits that I searched

sometimes text just glitching

Soo… That’s how this update looks like.
But not with every request match with outfits

(those rthro outfits very scary, why only rthro??)

I don’t know how long this post, but I’m done with it.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. This proves that all these outfits are AI generated. The AI has no idea what an actual furry would wear, so it just bunches up random items with the word “Furry” in it. For example, I never seen a furry with a “I’m A Furry” sign or title above their head. No idea why they would release this when it generates pretty awful outfits that nobody would use.

7 Likes

Real, Roblox shoud remove that, because this things gonna scare every Roblox-newbie , you’re fully right.

3 Likes

This is the most corporate non-answer response I’ve seen in a while.

10 Likes

They’re already public either way. There’s an API that lets you see any user’s outfits.

4 Likes

If that were true then I’d love to see some bug fixes to the absolutely dreadful mobile avatar editor.

1 Like

How do I make an outfit? Also. Have people actually seen UGC dominuses?