Discovery on Roblox: Past, Present, and Future Vision

Just remove direct copies from games like Minecraft or Fortnite. (Also, I’m sure FortBlox is <13 game while Fortnite is 13+ game.)

I, just don’t understand why does people play this type of games, much more than high-quality games that took lot’s of effort and time to make.

10 Likes

Tiktok brainrot he he he ha grrrr.

17 Likes

Also, why should people who make such games be rewarded instead of people who actually put effort into their games?

10 Likes

You can’t quantize quality. I do agree that quality games should be put out more but… how?

A machine only has the name, icon, desc, thumbnails, analytics, genre, and the premade things the developer put

11 Likes

Just finished reading the post. I found this really informative and learned a few things I didn’t know (for ex. I didn’t realize so many factors go into matchmaking).

Excited for the future posts and as always I appreciate the transparency!

7 Likes

Great update, I hope more come soon, thanks ROBLOX!

7 Likes

The description should be incredibly detailed and at least 500 letters long.
Maybe like that, a machine should be able to categorize the game correctly.

7 Likes

Ofc players are gonna do anything to promote their knockoff games.

6 Likes

Long descriptions aren’t a win-all solution, espically since most of Roblox’s player base lacks an attention span. If they can’t figure out what your game is about in 30 seconds, they’re on to the next game.

Short sentences with important keywords and emojis are what most popular games have, and I’m afraid that’s probably going to be how to market your game.

10 Likes

No, I mean’t a long description for the Machine Learning-based algorithm.
And, a short description for the game page.
Most high-quality games I saw doesn’t have emojis actually.

8 Likes

But then what about those that DO use emojis? There isn’t an easy/possible solution to find unique games

8 Likes

Because tiktok brainrot kids do not know any better. :joy:

“okay jimmy here’s your ipad. here’s the charger for it too. you remember how it works right? you do? good! i’ll see you in 2 hours.”

“why are you crying about me taking away your ipad to charge it??? it’ll only be for a little bit!”

“why do you always say skibbidi??? what does that even mean???”

Parents legit failed them.

14 Likes

Emojis would be more attractive in games with saturated colors, like those simulator games or obby games.

7 Likes

I hope the game likes metric will be used in the algorithm soon. Should help with filtering out the low quality/scam (but somehow popular) games.

I like the home page recommendations. Search not so much. I expect search to return what I’m actually searching for, not an anime game as the first result for every query.

Discover isn’t that good either, so I’m excited for the improvements that are coming to it.

6 Likes

Roblox is primarily kids, so when unique games appear, they’ll most likely wan’t to attract to the main group on the platform

Look at DOORS👁️

6 Likes

I actually wish for the opposite; game ratings should not be an important factor in the algorithm.

Unlike other services like Steam, Roblox’s game ratings are determined with a click of a button with no review or commenting system. This means that games that are inherently hard (obbies for example) are likely to have lower ratings despite having nothing fundamentally wrong.

Any game below 25% should be discouraged by the algorithm, but in general, ratings don’t really tend to be an accurate indicator on Roblox.

18 Likes

Yeah, but Roblox should have been a 13+ (or at least 9+) game in general, since it’s an online game.
Also, 13+ community normally plays lesser clickbaity games.

Awnsers

Yeah, I guess I get your point now. But, most ‘unique games’ aren’t attractive for young people.

Yeah, I agree the fact there should be reviews, and the ability to view them with a sort by relevance.

8 Likes

Yes, please recommend games that are high quality, they can also be fun with a large playerbase like any other game, so please respect that too!

7 Likes

I believe you can create an excellent product by maximizing earnings and garnering attention and enjoyment through the development and dedication to a perfect system. This is particularly important for Roblox. Remember, you can always adopt a more positive mindset in the end. Things are about to get exciting!

5 Likes

fortnite isn’t age restricted, at least that i know of

8 Likes