Discovery search is not functioning correctly

It’s certainly teaching me the lesson that I need to track the Search ranking more closely and keep any eye on players stats to know when it happens. Tracking of Daily player counts might be something I need to keep a record of. How do the rest of you guys track stats long term, beyond the game Developer Stats page?

I got hit right after they put out the ad changes too

Does anybody know how to fix this? We have now slipped for 3rd place to 16th when searching on the game name “Poop Simulator”. 90% of the search results bear no relation to the search term. @DeveloperRelations please help. We have a 2M player game disappearing into obscurity.

1 Like

You typed developers relation wrong, they can’t get pinged then

Thank you so much. Probably some overly emotional typing at the time.

@Focia19 @KnightGaladeld please help immediately, my game Slither.io Simulator is once again shadow banned, traffic is draining out of my experience because it cannot be discovered. Search for the exact experience name does not show my game. My game does not appear in Continue or Friend Activity.

I’m requesting now for weeks for something to be done to fix problems with my game being taken offline randomly. Several times a day I have to check whether my game has been taken down, and come on the dev forum and make some noise about it, then it silently gets fixed with no word about why or how. Why is my game constantly running afoul of Roblox moderation? And why do my sponsored ads always get stopped? Please put my game back online immediately and fix whatever keeps taking it down.

About 90 minutes later, the game was added back to Search. Went from 700 players to 150 players in that time. Now the problem has “fixed itself” after nearly 2 hours, you can see in my traffic log, when the game was not discoverable, there are no new visits when it is shadow banned.

@Focia19 @KnightGaladeld my game Slither.io Simulator is shadow banned right now.

Please fix it immediately. I would prefer to not start every day by checking to see if Roblox is doing their job.

Try to contact the support team, they could help you.

Also, just noticed that a mod finally decided to do something about this issue.

1 Like

Here’s a picture of the traffic crash from a 7 hour shadow ban today on Slither Simulator:

@Focia19 and @KnightGaladeld issue is ongoing. Thank you in advance for escalating it.

edit: this has been resolved, thanks Focia19!

@KnightGaladeld can you check out our game as well? Ragdoll Clicker - Roblox

The game went public 1 month ago and has 500-1.5k concurrent users but still doesn’t show up in any searches for ‘ragdoll clicker’. It will ONLY show up in search if you add a bracket somewhere in the search. For example ‘[ ragdoll clicker’ will make our game the first result. I assume this is because when we first launched the game we had subtitles such as ‘[NEW]’ or ‘[EVENT]’ in the title, now our game cannot be found without adding a bracket.

I’ve removed the bracket subtitles from our game 3 days ago and we still do not show up in a search for ‘ragdoll clicker’.

Thank you!

1 Like

It seems that this is still an ongoing issue at the current moment. I own a game called Cinema Tycoon and we were hitting nearly 1.5K-2K daily active players, out of nowhere, it seems like the game hit a brick wall just a few days ago dropping down to only 500 or even less at night, going down to only 100-300 players.

Game link: Cinema Tycoon! - Roblox

After doing some research, when you search for Cinema Tycoon our game doesn’t even come up at all, when searching Cinema, we do come up but nearly 17 experiences are shown before our game, despite our game having nearly 5.5 million visits and 700 active players, even games that don’t have anything to do with cinema or have 0 players and nearly no visits are shown before my game.

I have contacted support and haven’t heard anything yet. The frustrating aspect is that a dramatic decrease in the player count has obviously led to a dramatic decrease in revenue, we have no explanation for why this happened or what we did for this to occur.

I have seen people contacting these two people regarding this issue, @Focia19 and @KnightGaladeld If you do have the time to investigate this issue for my game, I would more than appreciate it.

Thank you in advance and hopefully, this can be resolved quickly.

1 Like

I just made a post about my game below yours, I tried the same thing and noticed that If I just add one bracket to the search of my game, it comes up as the second game… I guess I’ll call that progress compared to either not showing up at all, or showing up 15-20 games down but very frustrating still.

When you first released your game did you include subtitles in your game name like ‘[NEW] Cinema Tycoon!’? My theory is that when the game is first released and added to the search engine, it’s being added with the brackets as part of the title so it doesn’t show up without them.

I don’t think directly on release we had brackets in our name, although shortly after release when we picked up a little when it comes to player count, we changed our name to Cinema Tycoon [1.5X Cash] then we changed to Cinema Tycoon [Workers!] then Cinema Tycoon [Drive-in Theater] and so on.

Interesting how when you look up the game with one of the keywords from our older names from updates, it comes up as one of the first three yet If you just search up Cinema Tycoon, it doesn’t come up at all.

@Focia19 Slither Simulator is banned again today. only 10 players. My sponsored ad is stopped.

Please fix my account ASAP!

Can someone from Roblox please check my experience twice per day and “un-Ban” it! I have to continually ask for help each time this happens which is getting super tiresome!

UPDATE: I edited my Experience Title to remove “.io” and the snake emoji. Now it has unbanned itself (not sure if someone from Roblox silently unbanned it or it was a result of my update)

check if your game is fixed, @Focia19 gave some news

1 Like

It is currently fixed! But also it has been fixed several times in the past 2 months, and always relapsed. Going to be watching it closely, but so far, today everything looks normal!

1 Like

@Focia19 my game Slither Simulator is banned again. Not appearing right now in searches for Slither. Not appearing in Continue or Friend Activity. please help! Need someone to do this automatically when my experience gets banned.

The issue is not fixed. Please do not close this thread, or please open a new one to continue tracking it.

I don’t understand why we are closing the issue when clearly the root cause has not been addressed. It is not the first time I have been told it was fixed, only to find out 1-2 days later that I’m shadow banned again. Whatever we are doing to “fix” it is not good enough.

Try choosing something else than slither, it might fix it.