Dishonored Morphs Feedback

Me and my buddy @Krasark have been creating a plethora of morphs for our new R15 Dishonored genre were doing. We’ve built well over 20 of them in the past couple days, and would like your feedback on some of them posted here. This is not all of them.

Dishonored Morphs

Corvo Attano (Dishonored 2)

Outsider (Dishonored 2)

Daud and Billie Lurk (Dishonored 1)
Daud%20%26%20Billie%20Lurk%20(Dishonored%201)

Whalers (There’s multiple colors based on what their rank is)

Delilah Copperspoon (Dishonored 2)
Delilah%20Copperspoon%20(Dishonored%202)

Overseers (Dishonored 1)

Granny Rags
Granny%20Rags

6 Likes

Holy smokes look amazing! My only concern is that if those come from a franchise, then you may face possible DMCAs in the future so avoid using them as long as you decide to change most stuff in them.

2 Likes

Currently Arkane Studios has no copyright restrictions on their content. Many users upload 3D models of content within the games themselves that users can download and use elsewhere, such as Roblox Studio as a mesh.

2 Likes

Wow looks so good man! Keep on doing cool stuff such as thid

Careful…

This sounded like a fantastic claim to me, so I did a few quick searches.

From the Dishonered 2 EULA:

LICENSOR retains all right, title and interest to this Software, including, but not limited to, all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, trade names, proprietary rights, patents, titles, computer and software codes, audiovisual effects, themes, characters, character names, stories, dialog, settings, artwork, sounds effects, musical works, and moral rights. The Software is protected by United States copyright law and applicable copyright laws and treaties throughout the world. The Software may not be copied, modified, reproduced, distributed, publicly displayed or publicly performed in any manner or medium, in whole or in part, without the express prior written consent from LICENSOR. Any persons copying, modifying, reproducing, distributing, publicly displaying or publicly performing all or any portion of the Software in any manner or medium without such prior written consent of LICENSOR, will be willfully violating the copyright laws and may be subject to civil and criminal penalties.

From the Zenimax (Arkane’s parent company) legal terms:

" Content " includes technology, text, forum posts, chat posts, profiles, widgets, messages, links, emails, music, sound, graphics, animations, animation-style videos, content, pictures, code, files, data, characters (and items and attributes associated with characters), and all audio visual or other material appearing on or emanating to and/or from the Services […] You may not copy or download any Content from a Service unless You are expressly authorized to do so by ZeniMax in writing. You acknowledge and agree that You shall not reproduce, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly perform, or transmit any Content for commercial uses unless You obtained the express written consent of an authorized representative of ZeniMax. For clarification purposes, “derivative works based upon” Services and/or Content are works that are substantially similar, both in ideas and expression, to Services and/or Content. Therefore, if You or someone else creates a work and it is likely to bring to mind either or both Services (such as a Game) and Content, then it is likely that such work is a derivative work and as such may not be used for commercial purposes.

Unless there’s something I’m not aware of, seems to be a pretty far cry from “no copyright restrictions.” I’m pretty sure that re-purposing UGC as you suggest is also prohibited somewhere in there, as this is certainly the case for content from websites like Nexusmods. Additionally, I personally think that this is more reprehensible than using content owned by Zenimax, because instead of stealing from a large, faceless corporation, you’re now stealing from an individual, but I digress. Maybe you’re not intending to commercialize, but it’s still a bad idea to use content licensed by any third party. Furthermore, Zenimax has a history of aggressively defending its copyright.

I’m not posting this to spite you; rather, it’s so that others don’t come away from this thread thinking that they can use this IP without consequence.

6 Likes

Just a fair warning… I hope you aren’t using them for any games. You will get a copyright strike on Roblox. (DMCA)

Other then that i find your morphs. Very creative and well represented like all the different details you added to it, and they look very amazing hope to see more of your work. But i do hope its just a personal project not for profit!!

1 Like

I don’t build for profit. I use what I create for my own genres or projects. The fun of it is the real experience to me.

1 Like