Disk Writes Spiking with Last Update

I just got home from a long trip on Saturday, the 29th, and tried to boot up Studio to resume some work. A problem I quickly found, aside from the “Drive not found” error mentioned in another thread already, is that within a minute or two of loading a place, the camera movements and other mouse actions begin to lag out heavily.

After pulling up my Process Manager to see what was happening, just in case another progam might be eating into Studio’s processor space, I noticed that my hard disk’s megabytes per second were nearly maxing out per second. They quickly died down again, but they seem to be tied to mouse and camera movements in Studio. Any time I rotate or move the camera especially, the Mb per second maxes out instantly.

The only other detail I can find is that it seems to happen worse and more often if two or more places are open for editing at the same time, but is not necessarily required for the issue to happen.

3 Likes

I checked this out, it’s happening to me too. The visible spikes in the graph below occurred when I turned the camera in studio.
tempy

1 Like

What does ROBLOX’s memory usage look like?

If you open Resource Monitor (Task Manager>Performance>Resource Monitor… on W7), what files does it say ROBLOX is writing to?

My guess is it could be thrashing due to high memory usage.

Sorry for not continuing the discussion, I was away on vacation.

One of the updates from the past two weeks seems to have fixed the issue already, which is good. As far as your question about memory usage, I couldn’t find a direct connection to any files or processes under those menus, ad I spent a while looking at the resource monitor. All I could tell was that the graphs would spike with Studio changes without any programs or files having their associated numbers affected.