Dislike bots against MegaMech

Hi,

We recently released a Mech battling game: ⚙️ MegaMech ⚙️ - Roblox

It gained some popularity and was sitting at 90%+ upvote rate with around 1k total votes. An hour ago it suddenly went from 90% straight down to 15% with additional 4.8k down votes showed up in a minute. Unbelievable…

How should we deal with this? We’ve already contacted support but please let us know if there’s anything else we could do. Thanks in advance…

18 Likes

Honestly, this has happened to a lot of developers and it all resulted with no solid solution. I won’t say expect nothing to happen but you can try to explain why your game has a low ratio. That or you can reupload the place.

3 Likes

I’ve moved this to #help-and-feedback:game-design-support, since #discussion is intended for tangible game development strategies as opposed to issues.

4 Likes

This is a real shame. I saw an ad for this recently and it’s very well put together, graphically and mechanically. Best of luck in sorting this out.

5 Likes

are you sure there dislike bots? maybe theres something wrong with your game and it made people mad. ive never heard of bots made specificly for dislikes

1 Like

100% sure. It was 900 likes and 90 dislikes a minute ago and then 900 likes and 4800+ dislikes a minute later. Same thing happened to the preview build of the game (MM Preview - Roblox) an hour ago. Went from 81% approval rate (4800/1000) down to 41% (4800/7000) in a minute.

1 Like

i think the only thing you can do is just wait for roblox support to respond

1 Like

Yeah hope they can help us. This kind of thing is a nightmare for small developers.

2 Likes

Happened to me too, it’s been 4 years and nothing.
I contacted them 5 months ago and still have only gotten copy paste replies

1 Like

This has happened to me on multiple occasions, there’s sadly no way to circumvent it. Usually roblox “reverts” the like/dislikes back to normal after a week or around a month.

1 Like

It’s been 5 months for me and nothing…
I honestly have lost a lot of motivation and nearly went insane over it because it’s so cruel and unfair. Literally a captcha would help.

1 Like

How many dislikes did you recieve? If it’s a small number it might not be top priority.

Every week we get a post about dislike botting an amazing and upcoming game, every week roblox doesn’t take action against or even respond to it. This is KILLING games. Best of luck @sphinxshen

Closing this in favor of these two topics respectively: (latter has a staff response)