Dislike Botting

Ever since my game, Stop it, Slender!, was released nearly 2 years ago (I think), it had only gained ~5K dislikes up until a week or two ago. In the past 2 weeks or so it’s gained 1.6K dislikes from seemingly nothing. To my knowledge there are no current bugs in the game that would cause such a spike in dislikes. Only explanation I can make is bots.

This is probably going to thought of as no differently from the rest of the “add captchas (or SOME other deterrent)” threads, but it’s a real issue. My game has dropped nearly completely off Top Rated, the section I most rely on. With like botting patched, exploiters are just going to start doing the alternative - dislike botting, and it’s only going to continue until something is actually done about it.

136 Likes

Preach it!

21 Likes

It ought to be as simple as applying the Like bot detection system to Dislikes and removing offending accounts’ ratings if botting is detected.

Hopefully the staff will address the issue, as this certainly won’t be the last instance of dislike botting.

31 Likes

I was actually just in your game, and while I was playing as slender I tried catching a player which resulted in me getting frozen and the player just running away. It happened every time i tried catching players and made it nearly impossible to win as the slender. Not sure if you’ve fixed that yet or not, but it was enough to make me rage quit. This was last week sometime.

15 Likes

Xbox games get a huge number of votes because of the voting achievement. I don’t think it’s bots.

4 Likes

This has been fixed since then, was only a thing for 2-3 days due to an update bug.

XBox users must have some high standards in that case, the game always did fine on PC.

It seems to be raising again on Top Rated, and the dislikes aren’t coming in as rapidly as they were last week (nearly 200/day). All the sudden increases and decreases just feels like bots. And it’s not like they aren’t a current issue elsewhere.

5 Likes

I think the problem is more general than just your game, e.g.:

The rates of the XBOX version are really poor overall, I can imagine more games on it get a ton of dislikes as well.

Edit: to be fair there are only ~20 reviews on there yet, but you get the picture

3 Likes

I think a lot of poor reviews are biased, or from previous roblox users from 2009 that think roblox is still really bad.

6 Likes

I can conclude from reading the reviews (one even spoke of their child when their spelling equals to that of a 6 year old) that most to almost all of them are just trolling or just using their fingers instead of their brains when thinking of reviewing Roblox.

5 Likes

I feel the need to re-surface this feature request. As a developer, my ability to maintain a stable game and player-base is still being severely hindered because of the insecure voting system.

About 3 weeks ago we had some random dude bot our game 3,327 times. Bringing our 68% like rating down to a 42% like rating. Our daily visit average went from 300 visits per day to 90 below. Over the last few weeks I have notice a lot of games being targeted. Even some of the larger ones.

We have been losing player interest ever since, most likely I assume because of our poor rating. I have contacted Roblox support for this to be resolved, however our revenue has been severely impacted and a resolution may take weeks. If Roblox is able to address this feature, it would absolutely benefit every developer and prevent malicious actors from crippling smaller, growing games such as mine.

29 Likes

I’m going to just say, depending on likes for your game to stay on the front page is a bad idea. If it depends of something that can be (and is) manipulated by some other users, then it’s better to just avoid it entirely. If anything, roblox needs to improve the search system, being able to find many games by common tags, like horror, slender, dark and scary for your game, and not just by the name itself. As in, you can put either tags and search for games with those tags, or find by the name itself.

In games themselves and absolutely anything that has a like and dislike voting, it’s inevitable to not get dislikes: In youtube, every video has dislikes, from people who want to feel special and one-of-a-kind to people who get tilted very easily by anything. On reddit, another site with like and dislike voting, you get disliked by absolutely anything, sometimes just 10 times out of 100, sometimes 100 out of 10. In any other social media that doesn’t use likes and dislikes because they find it toxic, people find their way around by getting more comments that they do likes. In roblox you’re dealing with children, which are commonly the ones who make childish actions (obviously) like disliking everything or using mods to get an unfair boost over everybody else, plus they aren’t known for thinking rationally at that age, at their age the adults who deal with them (teachers and content creators) have to shift their form of expressing themselves so children can understand.

Dislike botting is very possible, that or you’re getting a lot of kids frustrated by losing in their game, which is something many competent games cause (I know for a fact that my little brother doesn’t like pretty much anything competent or losing involving in roblox because he gets frustrated very easily, competent games can cause him to rage and, in turn, 1/2 of the games in the front page are not suited for him, so he goes into simulator or tycoon games because they don’t imply losing).

15 Likes

My game was also spam disliked and I fear that I will never get off the ground.

9 Likes

Hey just last night my game was also botted with dislikes too. I still don’t understand why my game was botted. Out of hundreds of popular games out there, someone chose to do mine.

5 Likes

I feel you man. I tried contacting roblox through roblox.com/contact but I haven’t gotten a response as of yet. I did hear of a game called liftoff that got its dislikes removed.

4 Likes

Whoops, wrong link.

1 Like

Yeah, I still have some hope that this situation will be fixed.
Anyways it’s nice to have someone else currently dealing with the same situation.

1 Like

Do you have discord? We can discuss more there. I’m Ryan5374#6724.

1 Like

Yes, I do have discord. I am Loui#0037.

1 Like

When you email roblox make sure you provide them with the following:

• Game link
    -date of botted
    However I have put pressure on them and each time they reply with
    "Thank you for writing in.

We’re sorry but we’re unable to provide you with any further information or response regarding this inquiry. We encourage you to review the previous information sent to you as we have provided you with all that we can at this time."

It honestly should be a priority to fix this issue I have lost 100’s of robuxs in revenue from the 3 weeks it has been since I reported it. I also stopped working on the game tell they fix this issue. Along with no longer sponsoring the game has I was just wasting the little robuxs I have left.

6 Likes

I also Noticed the Botting came from a tablet and not any other device. Does anyone else notice that?
Picture Below is showing how rare it is for low end devices to play And How much it went up on botted day.

10 Likes