Dislike Botting

You’re right. That’s a pretty good temporary solution.

1 Like

In my time with this issue, I’ve watched the like/dislike ratio. Only once has my dislike ratio been reduced, and that was by one dislike. I would really like to see this issue fixed soon seeing as this can still be devastating even when those ratings are automatically removed, the person botting can re-bot it.

Heck, my issue is so bad right now, seeing as it’s a smaller game with not as many ratings, it takes so many likes to match one dislike and bring it up by 1%.

Thank you for replying to this topic though, as it can be annoying when no one with some “big status” fails to even acknowledge the current post.

1 Like

Just a heads up to all of you that emailed roblox over there botted dislikes. It took them a total of 3 weeks to remove the botted dislikes. But we are back to 67% rating.
Game link for proof: [ Content Deleted ] - Roblox

3 Likes

This is still not fixed. I and a friend made a club game, someone copied our game with exploits and we asked if he could take it down, but he started dislike botting our game. We could stop it before getting worse, but it is really bad. We got 200 dislikes on our game within 10 minutes.
We now closed our game to stop it getting worse, but it makes me less motivated to continue working on the project.
https://www.roblox.com/games/4880796980/Club-Mauve-UPDATING

2 Likes

Is there a possible ETA for when this issue will be fixed, or at least limited? My game has been dislike botted, in the thousands, for the 3rd or 4th time now, and it’s hindered me time and time again.

https://www.roblox.com/games/1764816771/Wrestling-2020-2X20-BETA-BADGES

3 Likes

This has gotten out of hand. Every time roblox finally resets our Botted dislikes we get botted again 2 weeks after just waiting a month to get unbotted. This time I was online to stop them and they have gotten better at adding more bots to this issue. Same has last time we had 66% Ratting and instead of loosing 10 or 20 they botted the game with double the amount.
Picture below shows our ad verge visits are low After being botted in march and picked up the day after they got reseted… and from last botted to now. It has also hurt the group with renvue wise last year we made 400K in April this year with this issue we only made 5K

I was online this time and was able to make the game private. But things like this we should get something in return due to loss in revenue! Game link: McDonalds | FastFood ᅠ - Roblox

9 Likes

Here is a way to fix this issue. Do the same thing has joining a group. Just patch this Old website bug for goodness sack.

3 Likes

This is still a huge problem. Maybe make it so you have to be 2 weeks old to like or dislike?

3 Likes

That would kind of work but these bots are a month old. So I doubt it. I think the verify thing would work great!

4 Likes

Wouldn’t really help anything as the majority of bots used are over months or even years old, considering most bots were accounts that were cookie logged from other players who then turn them into bots.

4 Likes

This just happened to me as well!

1 Like

Yeah. This problem just happened to me, shot down our rating from 64% down to 49%. Any idea on how to solve it?

1 Like

Best bet is to contact roblox support. Once the botting has occurred there’s not really much you can do other than contacting support. This happens quite frequently due to the fact that people sell thousands of bots for really cheap. But recently roblox has picked up on the botting, so the current bots that person may be using will most likely be banned soon.

1 Like

I’ve been getting some dislikes bots as well. Just this few days my game’s rating was dropped from 92% to 24%

6 Likes

There are so many ways Roblox can tackle this issue, for example, you could use a Captcha for likes/dislikes, you could have it so they have to be in the game for X amount of time (I swear it was like that at one point) not sure why/when that was removed.

I and many others are a victim of Bot Dislikes, the fact that Roblox does nothing about this is shocking. For developers, ratings mean a lot; It can be the deciding factor for some players when joining a game, if they see a ton of dislikes on it then they’ll think “this may not be worth playing”. Little do they know it’s a game the developers put their blood, sweat and tears into but it’s not getting the recognition it deserves.

I have contacted both DevRel and Support about this, I’ve been through everything and they offer no support to developers on this matter. Even when players get kicked because their accounts are not old enough for example or the place is whitelisted you can still dislike a game from being there for that split second.

I also know you have something to remove botted likes, so why not do the same for dislikes is my question. Yeah, likes will send it all the way to the front page, but dislikes do the complete opposite by sending it to the “back page” and can demotivate the developers on your platform this is also crucial for community-driven games too. Developers should have some way to get these dislikes removed or some kind of support if you won’t put protection measures for us.

I thank you for your time reading this, hopefully this won’t be ignored and someone will listen, again I really hope there will be a change in the near future.

13 Likes

ROBLOX really needs to sort out this issue

6 Likes

I have had this issue sense January and each time it took them a month before unbotting but then we get botted 1 week later. I Just gave up and shut MYO down has each time they botted they would bot it more. It’s not worth me stressing over. This issue is something that needs to be addressed and it is just getting worse. While nothing is being done about it. An issue from 2016 still exist kinda sad.

3 Likes

Honestly I think the only way to stop this is to either make it so accounts have to be 1-3 months old to like or dislike, or use the dumb captcha

That wouldn’t help. Most of those botted accounts are ex cookie logged accounts. At least the ones that joined the day I noticed it got botted.

Figured it was beyond obvious (come on, you know this) but here’s the reason: don’t ping entire staff groups in bug reports and feature requests because that’s a lot of people to ping at once. The relevant engineers will see and read this post. Also, I’m not staff, so don’t refer to me as “they” as if that was Roblox editing it out. Thanks!

5 Likes