Display name over custom character?

One issue that came up after launching my name is that the players look an awful lot like the NPCS (at least before all the customization that can happen). I use custom characters.

I do not have any names over my characters’ heads. How do I put those back in?

Hello, I am guessing you want to remove the display name entirely.
I do believe that there is already a Developer forum post about this.
Here is the link : Disabling Display Names
Have a good day! :smile: , If any more help is needed please respond!

No, the display name is gone already… looking to put it back in. I will read this to see if there is something I can undo? Not sure.

1 Like

I have no clue, sadly all I can do is relate you to other developer Forum posts as I haven’t been in this situation my self.

2 Likes

Understood. Thanks though! I did find documentation that required a part named Head, here:

Character Name/Health Display | Roblox Creator Documentation

Unfortunately, adding a part with the name Head (which I rigid constraint to the head bone) did not solve my problem either.

1 Like

Have you tried reading this one instead?
You can set the display name on the Humanoid properties.

2 Likes

It’s already populated, just no name displayed. I’m messing around now with the other settings.

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure if you’re having this issue anymore but I wanted to bump this and provide my solution.
Try checking the custom rigs Humanoid “DisplayDistanceType” and changing it if it’s set to “None”. https://create.roblox.com/docs/reference/engine/enums/HumanoidDisplayDistanceType

2 Likes