Distributing an Audio on Creator Marketplace

Hello! Please correct me if I put this in an wrong category because I was not sure which category this topic would belong in.
I had not been uploading any audios to Roblox since the audio privacy update, and today I finally did. Then I noticed that I am not able to distribute my audio to the marketplace.

I checked my older audio from 2019, and it also says that it cannot be enabled.
So here is my question: When will I be able to publish my audios? This isn’t very urgent but I would like to know about it.
Thanks!

4 Likes

This is gonna sound ridiculous, but Roblox did not give a proper reason for “temporarily pausing” distribution of any audio on the marketplace rather than “while we work on a long term solution”; in the original announcement they said “We do not have an estimate for when we will re-enable the ability for you to change an asset from private to public.”

Ironically these restrictions don’t stop all playback of bypassed audio, cause if an inappropriate or infringing audio asset passes the checks, it can still be manually added to experiences the uploader can edit.

TLDR: Possibly not until further notice, though they didn’t actually say that.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.