Do a username sweep!

I would do the same for Nelson… if I had $10K R’s.

To everyone in the thread who thinks they deserve to keep them since they “might come back”, you have to remember that a LOT of people name harvested back then and just left the names to rot afterwards, they didn’t deserve them in the first place.

[quote] To everyone in the thread who thinks they deserve to keep them since they “might come back”, you have to remember that a LOT of people name harvested back then and just left the names to rot afterwards, they didn’t deserve them in the first place. [/quote]Plus, the only real people who make old accounts active are the same people who just break into the accounts to brag about the usernames & the account age on the forums.

I remember plenty of that going on back when I used to forum on the ROBLOX forums years ago.

Even if they do sweep them all, you’ll just get another round of pillocks who decide to take every name that’s now suddenly available.

Even if they do sweep them all, you’ll just get another round of pillocks who decide to take every name that’s now suddenly available.[/quote]
What if the accounts were simply marked with a “takeable” tag, which allows users using the username change feature to claim them but doesn’t allow a new account to be created with that name. The $1k R’s would prevent users from mindlessly taking names, but allow for users wanting the name for personal use to aquire it. (Also apologies if there are words everywhere. My phone likes to randomly delete words as I type when on Chrome)

Even if they do sweep them all, you’ll just get another round of pillocks who decide to take every name that’s now suddenly available.[/quote]
What if the accounts were simply marked with a “takeable” tag, which allows users using the username change feature to claim them but doesn’t allow a new account to be created with that name. The $1k R’s would prevent users from mindlessly taking names, but allow for users wanting the name for personal use to aquire it. (Also apologies if there are words everywhere. My phone likes to randomly delete words as I type when on Chrome)[/quote]I think this is my new favourite idea.

1 Like

[quote] All I want is the username Dom.
A moderator friend of mine asked some ROBLOX HRs about it.
They said they can’t give me “Dom” yet, but they’re thinking of possibilities.
They’re aware of all those great names that are unused, :slight_smile: [/quote]

If Dom gets freed, it’s MINE.

What if the accounts were simply marked with a “takeable” tag, which allows users using the username change feature to claim them but doesn’t allow a new account to be created with that name. The $1k R’s would prevent users from mindlessly taking names, but allow for users wanting the name for personal use to aquire it. (Also apologies if there are words everywhere. My phone likes to randomly delete words as I type when on Chrome)[/quote]

My new favourite idea as well. If it happens to be too much trouble, I would be OK with having it be more than 1kR$ to take a previously used name. I’d probably throw about 10kR$ out for my old username (but that’s because I want it back) In reality, paying 2kR$ for a previously used name seems reasonable to me.

ill give 10001R$ for Barcode

write that down devs

1 Like

[quote] ill give 10001R$ for Barcode

write that down devs [/quote]

I’ll give math.huge R$ for Barcode before Rukiryo gets it.

Write that down devs.

1 Like

Hmph yeah so old usernames should just be auctioned off! I would totally participate in that!
So what could happen is…
There could be a big page for like a week with a list of names of accounts that’ve been inactive since like 2006-2008. You can’t create an account with that name, you can only bid on it. You can search for the name you want and bid on it. The bidding would go on for maybe 48 hours and after that amount of time, the highest bidder is given that name. OH and you can only bid on one name at a time! There’s so many names I want but it’s best that we all get only one name.
This’d be a huge Robux sink! I just hope nobody takes Barcode!!

I’d keep my name…I like my name

[quote] All I want is the username Dom.
A moderator friend of mine asked some ROBLOX HRs about it.
They said they can’t give me “Dom” yet, but they’re thinking of possibilities.
They’re aware of all those great names that are unused, :slight_smile: [/quote]

If Dom gets freed, it’s MINE.[/quote]

Buttface :stuck_out_tongue:

But I think two years is not enough.
ALSO, IF AN ACCOUNT HAS BEEN USED ACTIVELY AT ALL, IT’S SAFE.

Only accounts that have been logged into maybe once should be eligible.

My view on usernames taken and such is this;

Usernames not active for 1 year will get an email saying something like “We miss you” those emails that say you’ve been inactive etc

Usernames not active for 2 years will get an email saying they need to log in some-time this year otherwise there account name will be changed to a mixture of numbers and letters to prevent inactive users from clogging the system or whatever. So the account isn’t deleted but just free’d up if that makes sense

If the value of the account is worth more then 2.5k tix/R$ it would be another year before any of this happens

1 Like

I’ll give all my Robux, which varies from 30k-250k for my username to be changed to Script

Another necro bump.

Do identification using a random sequence of letters + numbers and let everyone use whatever display name they feel like, just like in real life :smiley:

See mom, I told you necromancers exist.

Only if this username sweeps only includes people with place visits under 100,000.

Because otherwise, we’ll be removing people with classic fun games.

1 Like

[quote] My view on usernames taken and such is this;

Usernames not active for 1 year will get an email saying something like “We miss you” those emails that say you’ve been inactive etc

Usernames not active for 2 years will get an email saying they need to log in some-time this year otherwise there account name will be changed to a mixture of numbers and letters to prevent inactive users from clogging the system or whatever. So the account isn’t deleted but just free’d up if that makes sense

If the value of the account is worth more then 2.5k tix/R$ it would be another year before any of this happens [/quote]

Probably the best idea I’ve seen on this thread.

1 Like