Do I need to change my simulator map?

Hey, everyone, I was wondering whether or not to change my simulator map? It’s my first game and all so I don’t really have a lot of Robux to hire a builder.

Here are some screenshots:
Top Down View:

Main/Spawn Area:

Smaller Areas:

I can give more details if you’d like :smiley:

Edit: Here is the game link if you would like to try it out :slight_smile:: [New!] ⚔️Melee Champions - Roblox

7 Likes

Could you give us a link to the game so we can see the map from a player’s perspective please?

4 Likes

sure, I will post a link right now.

1 Like

The map looks quite bland, and you can see the ugly out-of-bound areas. Consider using mountains instead of semi-transparent parts for the world border.

2 Likes

I think its really okay and well :wink:

1 Like

Well the question seems something you should think of. Do i need to change it? How can i improve my simulator maps? Looking around the entire map the empty spaces on the main area it seems like you just place repetitive to fill in those empty corners and spots different types of buildings or underground areas would be something.

You should place fountains or little cottage then placing your tree layout whatever fits the game style. As seen in the image attached below, you have made good progress so far with the buildings of the place. However there is little to no details in the different corners of the map.

The first area is plain and seems to be placed with identical trees you should look at different games or maps and see what they placed to fill in the corners of the maps. Shrubs and vegetation perhaps smaller buildings, there’s different approaches to go about this.

If you are trying to make the place appear finished or detailed use inspiration from other games or even including games you’ll see they place little props to fill the corners around the build. You’ll either see a small pond with a small building with a rocky path.

Otherwise keep improving your map and see which things you could add to improve the quality of it’s good so far. If your going for something simplistic i would try adding variation into the trees.

3 Likes

Thx for all the feedback everyone :slight_smile: I will try my best to maximise improvements.

2 Likes