[do not answer here, post moved]

How can I make a leaderstat billboard gui above everyone’s head ?

I have a system of stars that we win following votes, I want them to be displayed above the heads of all players like this: “15⭐️”

I need a clear explanation of each step to follow, I am new to scripting :pensive: thank you !

Can I see your billboard hierarchy? And where is it cloned?

I don’t have a billboard, that’s exactly what I want, I just have a “stars” leaderstat that records the number of stars received.

You’d have to start with a Player GUI that will go on top of the player’s head.

Here you can use this model, it has a script and a billboardgui for you. Just change the Stars variable in the script inside billboardgui
it should be
local Star:NumberValue? = Player.leaderstats.Stars
gui.rbxm (6.4 KB)
Place the script inside ServerScriptService.

1 Like

I don’t really understand, I have to replace the “handler” script with my own “statsmanager” for it to work? Because even when trying nothing happens.

Handler just clones the billboard to player head.
The script inside the billboard just changes the text to the amount of stars the player has.

but if I click “play” in studio there is no billboard

Weird because when I tried it, I got it.
Where is the script located?

I placed as you told me, ServerScriptService

Is the billboardgui inside it too?

yes and i have this error

The gui should be inside the player character head where does it get cloned at?

4f20ff19408225c579572f797ae9bce1
it’s in this script " statsManager, do you need to see the script?

The actual error is the gui tdoesn’t get cloned to player character, where does the gui get cloned?

sorry but I don’t understand what GUI are you talking about?

the billboard gui inside Handler. It should get cloned at player character head.

I suspect well, but it is not cloned nowhere…

Here is an updated version.
It should be in server script service.
gui.rbxm (6.4 KB)

there is no longer the error, but still no billboard, knowing that when I drag the file it goes into the workspace, I have to drag it myself into the serverscriptservice