Do not moderate users for deleting their posts

Earlier today I tried removing my post, because I felt that it was no longer true, a bit later, I received a message that my post was removed by staff for being off-topic. I feel like this is unfair and doesn’t make sense.

Instead of moderating users for being off-topic, please just send notification stating something on the lines of “Your post has been removed by staff as per your request”, and do not count it as moderation action.

9 Likes

As much as it sucks, and as much as I agree with you, this is really stupid, It was still up, it just took the mods a bit to find that out.

They certainly need to fix this.

3 Likes

What did the post say before you deleted it?

1 Like

I have experienced significantly degraded script editor performance after the latest Luau update, so I thought it was related, thus I posted my findings under the release. But after further testing, I did not experience any performance issues. Therefore, I removed my post as it was no longer true. Either way, moderating me for off-topic after I tried removing the post myself is complete nonsense. The moderation reason is also quite vague as it doesn’t explain what was off-topic in the first place.

1 Like

This makes me feel like the moderation team is bots acting like human.s LOL

2 Likes

To me, this does help you get you get your posts actually deleted so that’s nonsense

1 Like

Moderation action is not the same as removal on its own. That’s the problem that I’m trying to get fixed.

1 Like

I could be wrong here but I feel this is just an automatic message telling you your post has been removed, and it just happens to be very negatively worded/generally aimed towards actual moderation of posts.

I can’t see any text about it being a feedback/an actual moderation related action, as usually actual moderation actions will mention that.

3 Likes

If that’s the case, they should still re-word their message, because it is misleading. It’s just not good for the user experience.

4 Likes