Do not prompt (former) premium subscribers to fill out a captcha for joining groups

As a Roblox developer with a current premium subscription it is extremely annoying to have to fill out a captcha when joining development groups. I understand why this feature exists: for slowing down botting. However I have spent money on this platform and see no reason for current or past premium subscribers to need to verify they are human. Botters usually don’t spend money on the Roblox platform.

If this feature is added it would speed up the process of joining groups.

19 Likes

In reality how many groups are you joining that spending maybe 30 seconds to join each group cuts into your free time?
Think of it this way, if it were easier for bots to fill up groups then they could do what they are designed to do, make people think “this group must be good, cuz it’s popular”.
I have a Premium subscription and I don’t mind the occasional captcha even while making comments on my group pages or logging onto the site.

4 Likes

Because what is the point of you filling out a captcha if you have already paid money on the website? I have been joining groups for development more often now. So it is very annoying to have to fill out a captcha as a paying user.

4 Likes

I’d say that if it was a website where all the content was designed to be run and controlled by a small group of employees.
We are dealing with a very public website where it takes very little to make a group where anyone can control the number of people favourite-ing or commenting or posting on their group page, for whatever reason.

While I do agree with this, this could encourage the use of compromised accounts, especially ex-premium ones, to be used to join and comment on groups. This may not be that high of a concern, but I still want to voice it.

There is something that is related to this that definitely should be addressed: I should be able to post in my own group without a CAPTCHA! If I own the group, it shouldn’t matter whether I bot the comments, (I don’t, but that is the reason why they should allow us to post without a captcha), and isn’t it impossible to own a group without being a premium subscriber anyway? I just find it to be redundant and a waste of my time when replying to fans and people asking questions.

7 Likes

Do owners really have to fill out a captcha for posting on their own group? The one you paid Robux to create? Wow. Though I do not think there has been issues with compromised accounts recently. At least not enough for it to be an issue.

5 Likes

There is also a feature request on this, please continue discussing there instead: Do not present group wall captcha to group owners

8 Likes