Do ToS allow "X Likes for next reward"?

I know that it’s not permitted (or even possible) to reward individual players based on how they rated your game or if they added it to favorites.

However I see more and more developers incentivize players to like their game by providing some sort of reward for all players at a set milestone (e.g. “Free Bee Pet at 20k Likes!” ). This may or may not include promo-codes in different cases, but I want to make a clear distinction here, I’m not talking about developers who get some amount of likes on their game and give out a promo-code out of gratitude, they keyword here is “incentivizing”.

Is this allowed?

I don’t see these games getting taken down, but that doesn’t always mean something is not against the ToS, and they’re making good money so that usually explains why something against the ToS is still up.

1 Like

I couldn’t find anything about whether it is allowed or not. I think there is a good chance this is allowed, but if you want to stay on the safe side, just tell them to like and favorite the game

1 Like

The general answer seems to be no. Look at this post for a complete answer:

3 Likes

Yeah I definitely want to be inside ToS, I’d surely like to do this with my game but I won’t unless someone has clear confirmation of it being allowed.

@Nanonaitor I’ve seen that yeah, that’s why I’m wondering, it does sound pretty straightforward except that it’s expressed in singular form, so that could possibly leave room for bulk rewarding. That and the fact that a bunch of these games are not getting taken down or warned to remove this particular aspect.

Would be great if one of the staff responded to this.

Bump, still would like to a definite answer to this as it boosts some games quite nicely.