How to see if a player has given a thumbs up or thumbs down to a game?

Is there a way to see in-game if a player has given your game a thumbs up or thumbs down?

I haven’t seen anything, but I could easily be searching the question wrong.

3 Likes

You can’t do this because people would just ban players who thumbs-down their game.

6 Likes

I guess that’s true. I was more so thinking of just rewarding those who have given the game a thumbs up.

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

That’s a gateway for bad actors and abuse. There’s no API for this and there never should be. I’m not sure why you’d need this information either.

1 Like

You aren’t allowed to reward users for liking/favoriting a game.

2 Likes

A great way to simulate that is to give player rewards the longer they play the game, that will keep them interested.

@DevOfLua How would you do that?

There really isn’t. Even if there was a method and you knew, it would be more contributive to the post to actually include your method along with your response.

Like they old said, there is not a way to check if they player has given your place a thumbs up.
If this API really existed, developers would abuse it, banning players who have thumbed down their game.

The community rules and guidelines state:

• Do not create promotions offering prizes of any sort (including contests, raffles, lotteries, chain letters or any kind of giveaway). It is okay to offer players promo codes for in-game items only so long as they are not in exchange for something (e.g., in exchange for a thumb up on your game).

Consequently, there is no API to achieve this and any attempt to exchange goods for a thumbs up will most likely result in a ban.

6 Likes

this is interesting because a front page game seems to be doing this: “Welcome to Lifting Titans! Use the code “100KSTAR” and LIKE the game for ALL BOOSTS!” Sure has helped their like ratio to become one of the highest ever, and seems to not be punished by Roblox.

2 Likes

Hack into their roblox account and check your game idk about scriptwise tho you’d probably have to use HttpService

1 Like

you shouldn’t encourage hacking man u gonna get banned from roblox

Im not encouraging him I was joking around about that part

ok then but is there any api to find how much likes and dislikes a game has? There has to be a way, even if the api just screen shot then extract text srsly pls help if anyone know thx so much its rlly helpful since i need it for a promotion in my game thx :slight_smile:

ok then but is there any api to find how much likes and dislikes a game has? There has to be a way, even if the api just screen shot then extract text srsly pls help if anyone know thx so much its rlly helpful since i need it for a promotion in my game thx :slight_smile:

(i accidentally replied to @112365595 so i send it again)

Funny, try searching “Welcome to Lifting Titans” into the experience search bar on roblox. I could not find the game.

Edit: It is called “Lifting Titans” lol

1 Like