Do you think that this game genre would work on roblox?

Hi i’m currently working on the game that main idea is spawning on the corners of the hexagonal arena and fighting each other based on turn based combat system.i only implemented movement system for now.I feel like this type of games do not achieve the succes they deserve on roblox so i have some questions

-Should i work on this project?
-Is there any popular game based on this genre?

my progress so far like this:

without obstacle

with obstacle

11 Likes

Add more to it like enemies that you have to kill and its fun. Yes you should work on this project u can make a lot. Hexeria.

4 Likes

wow i never heard about Hexeria before it looks super cool ty for your comment

2 Likes

I cannot guarantee that this game will be successful, but I can already tell you that this game has potential, it’s something I’d definitely try out.
I also love the idea of using a hexagonal grid. Usually developers use square ones because their easier/more familiar, but the shape makes it more unique.

2 Likes

I don’t know if the game will be successful. But i think the idea is good.

2 Likes

this is very cool. very cool.

but i doubt this would have any great success, at best it’d have a small (under 1k) group of players.
you’d have to find a specific audience to target the game towards if you want to succeed

2 Likes

I can say that the game has potential. This is the kind of game where you play for a while but it becomes boring over a short period of time, invest in the project and as I said before it has potential. Add enemies, time, rewards and more.

1 Like

Something like this would be pretty cool to see on Roblox. It probably wouldn’t gain any major attention, but it absolutely would garner some sort of niche crowd if word spreads out.

1 Like

it won’t be massively succesful, that’s for sure, but I’d play it, if that means anything to you.

1 Like

Can you explain the game play in more detail, I can’t tell what you have in mind from this movement demo.

Would that block be the player? Would there be two, taking turns moving? When/how would they fight?

Is it a strategy game, like chess?

1 Like

yes, that block is a player for now and yes it will be a turn-based combat game that you spawn on each corner of a hexagon and fight with ai or real player.The idea on my mind right now for gameplay is very similar with game called “Armello”. playable characters gonna be grindable from luck based box-egg opening system to continue game loop

1 Like

I think it would actually be mildly popular.
Games like this have been popular on other platforms.
And there aren’t many games like this on Roblox.

1 Like