Docked script is replaced with contents of another docked scripts upon leaving PlayTest mode

This issue has affected me twice in the last hour. Upon leaving PlayTest mode and opening the second docked script, the second docked script is immediately replaced with the first docked script’s contents. Undo-ing does not work, and conveniently, Studio happened to autosave the second this happened.

Repro:

1. Open two scripts in Dock
  2. Leave PlayTest mode and immediately click on the second docked script
  3. It should replace the contents with the first docked script’s contents

Happening since: 6/22/21 at 3:25 PM PST

I have lost hundreds of lines of code to this bug and I hope it is addressed ASAP.

1 Like

You should make the topic title more descriptive here – this is impossible for someone with the same issue to find back via forum search since the title is so generic.

3 Likes

I can’t reproduce this bug at all, no matter how many times I tried to repo contents of the scripts weren’t changed.

3 Likes

Hi

Sorry to hear that. I am not able to reproduce this too. Do you turn on any beta feature? Like Script Editor Linting? Are you in team create mode? Do you have any plugin installed?

A short video will be very helpful.

2 Likes

I do not have that ability. This topic was moved here by a staff member.

@RealExoctic @yohooyohoo

I am not able to repro either (to send video), but there are a few things:

1. Today when I was booting up Studio, there was an update, so that could have fixed it.
  2. Prior to today’s update (when this bug was happening), after leaving PlayTest any script that I loaded within ~2 seconds of leaving PlayTest would show the contents of the first docked script for around half a second and then the proper script contents would appear. After today’s update, this behavior no longer occurs.

@yohooyohoo Answers to your questions:

1. Beta features?
    Yes, every Beta feature is enabled except the TerrainTools:ConvertToolBeta.
  2. Team-Create?
    No, I was not in Team Create.
  3. Plugins?
    Yes, I have many plugins installed that work with scripts.
  4. Video?
    I am not able to provide a video as this not happening to me anymore.
1 Like

Fixed for you – make sure to title your message to staff descriptively so it’s accurate when they move it.

2 Likes

If it helps any, there is a place version history in Game Settings where you can revert to a previous version of your game. This will only work if it was published though.

1 Like

Yeah, I hadn’t published for at least 3-4 hours so I was completely out of luck. Luckily, I rewrote the script and it was like ~50 lines less lol.

@yohooyohoo

Bumping this, it has gotten much worse in the last 30 minutes and I’ve found a way for it to happen 9/10 times of trying.

Prerequisites (from my observations):

• PlayTest is no longer required
  • Both script must be >350 lines
  • The script you want to replace should be scrolled to the very top, while the first one is usually scrolled ~60% down

Repro

1. Both scripts are open, and you are in the first script.
  2. Scroll ~60% down and edit something
  3. Hover over the docked tab for the second script and then click down.
  4. It loads the correct script for a split second and then immediately replaces all the contents with the script you switched from.

Video

Hi, would you try to disable all plugins and see it is still reproducible? What the plugin you are using? It seems some plugins did some work when you change script content.

1 Like

I’ve concluded that it is Code Templates Lite (made by @ColeSquared) that is causing this problem.

1 Like

For anyone wondering if this issue is still reproduceable.
OP got in contact with the creator of the plugin causing the problem and they fixed it.
Link to post saying it has been resolved.
It was never an actual bug and should no longer be able to be reproed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.