Docking Updates [Full Release]

I appreciate the notes and patience. Just to be clear are you talking about the ability to do this?

My request to the dev team is to make this the new layout scheme which I think will get you there:

4 Likes

i agree,

i hated when explorer, properties & output closes themselves

toolbox constantly expands itself & terrain editor keeps on opening

when will the fix be released?

Have you tried changing these settings? Does it change or improve the behavior?

Our engineers have been spread thin working on higher priority stuff so I donā€™t have an ETA but we do have a backlog of improvements and fixes we want to make sooner than later.

1 Like

This did fix my layout being messed up between sessions. Thanks for making this solution visible!

2 Likes

Hey Paul,

Thank you for your continued efforts on this issue.

Can you clarify what steps we should take today to get consistent layouts in test mode (where I spawn a new server and add players)? I am unable to get a consistent layout, and it is a killer in my DX.

I have tried a combination of having the ā€œLoad all Built-In plugins in Test Modeā€ and ā€œLoad User Plugins in Test modeā€ both enabled and both disabled, restarting studio by spawning a new test server and making my changes (then hitting ā€œcleanupā€, and closing studio), and just repeating my changes many times. No matter what I do, studio seems to reset my layout every time I create a new test server.

Is there plans for an option alike making studio copy my normal layout over to Test Mode instances of studio (both the server and player views)?
Today, when I start a new Test Server, it takes me a minute or two to change the layout of Test Mode instances to the same layout that I have when I edit in studio. I want the layout to remain the same ā€“ just as it does when I close one game and open another.

even with both enabled, it just resets every time

Yes the intended behavior is we save your layouts per mode. Unfortunately weā€™ve just not the had the time or people to get back on this since we came out of Beta. But itā€™s something Iā€™m tracking and weā€™ll get someone looking back into it soon (I hope!)

1 Like

itā€™s good, but this is how is supposed to actually look like.

1 Like

We have not updated to add those ā€œSouthwestā€ and ā€œSoutheastā€ regions yet. This is what Iā€™ve asked for because I believe it will solve the most common issues weā€™ve heard about with the new layout schemes.

i know, but adding those would benefit developers who have their layouts like that

i hope Northwest and Northeast main window docking region & the left region for floating windows gets added in the future!

in total, there will be 13 docking regions to choose from in this concept, 4 more than what we have now at least in the main window.

on the floating window, there will be a new left region. It still exists, but attempting to dock to it crashes Studio

1 Like

to this day, the fix for the constantly resetting layouts on launch is not released.

when will it come out?? Iā€™M TIRED OF HAVING TO CONSTANTLY RECONFIGURE EVERYTHING TO MY LIKING!!

edit 8/16/2024: it now just gets worse as it now resets every time i open a new session.

i hope it does not keep getting any worser and worser and worser as time passes.

1 Like