Does a game really need that many advertising robux to be successful?

If a game is really good and quality. Will you be successful paying at least 1k in ads or less? Or is investing more than 5k robux really vital to the success of a game?

I’ve been thinking about this, since there are developers who make really good games, but don’t have enough capital to advertise their games decently.
And I personally think that it is a disadvantage since people limit themselves to creating amazing things since they know that people will not visit their creation and simply get lost in the sea of ​​unplayed roblox games.

3 Likes

Forum Feedback is for forum-related questions. Please read category guidelines before posting. I’ve moved your post to Game Design Support.

5 Likes

It honestly depends. If your game is good, that most likely means it’s more player-engaging. Thus, when some players hop on (from your ad), then their friends are more likely to view them playing your game the longer they stay in there (pretty obvious). Not to mention, if your players really love your game, then they might tell other people to check it out as well, including YouTubers (which will be the greatest boost).

So, just run your ads for a cheaper amount initially (search the DevForum for a clever timing) and since we’re talking about a high quality game, then it should get a pretty stable player base. Just start off low and if it doesn’t work (highly unlikely), then you can invest a little more.

This is like a paper airplane. If you’re airplane’s good, it’s gonna fly for a very long time, otherwise, you’re gonna have to give it more momentum or launch it from a higher place (both representing putting more Robux in).

6 Likes

I can’t remember seeing any ad about a game that isn’t a group, clothes shop or a free-admin level game. Despite that, many games are successful. Advertising is not really how a good game becomes popular.

No, most likely not

Why I say this, is because advertising is very competitive on Roblox now, your best bet is to find an investor, or be in big Roblox events that mentions new games, you can’t find Investors here anymore. But you can on several discord servers.

Chances are slim you’ll get to the front page with 5k Robux. So find an investor, or volunteer to be in big events, like RBS Season 2 that’s coming soon, or “RoTank” that DevKing hosts. Not saying it’s impossible, but this is the real world.

1 Like