Does Adonis contain a virus?

Mind telling us in more detail specifically what was happening?

Or they canā€™t program themselves and a backdoor in your game was designed specifically to give them an advantage on Adonis.

Or more likely, itā€™s just coincidental.
If there was a backdoor or vulnerability in Adonis, it would be majorly exploited in some massive games.

2 Likes

Switch to HD, it is not having random Exploits problems.

1 Like

Nah. This has been a problem for as long as free models have been a thing.

5 Likes

According to everyone else, I probably downloaded a fake version, so thatā€™s my bad. But basically, what happened was exploiters would basically delete the whole map / delete the humanoids off characters and leave them in a permanent rag-dolled state.

Sounds like they found a way to delete things (insecure remote or some form of FE bypassing exploit maybe?) Typically, server-side access would lead to more than just deleting (like kicking, crashing, replacing the skybox, messing with lighting, etc)

Oh, thanks for the tip. Iā€™ll look into double-checking / securing my remotes. Just in case.

As stated above, before making such far-fetched claims, can you provide solid reasoning? Nonchalantly tarnishing a (well-known) product as being ā€œone of the worstā€ without any proof or evidenceā€”and in the presence of the creatorā€”breeds toxicity. Iā€™m not saying that making such remarks is bad; criticism is goodā€”when itā€™s constructive.

Iā€™ve personally modified Adonis for my own use in certain games and projects, and it works wonderfully. In my opinion, I like Adonis more than HD for my uses (not to say HD isnā€™t good ā€“ both are wonderful). I could go on about why I like it over other admin commands, but thatā€™s besides the point.

Additionally, usually suggesting someone to just switch over to a different product only temporarily fixes the issue. Generally, the issue itself reveals a flaw in the userā€™s configuration of the product, which could very well leak into a different product (i.e. the user might not know how to set up something properly, so learning how to do so would be more beneficial).

5 Likes

I recommend using a well trusted admin system. Like HD admin or Basic Admin.

I have a article about this.

1 Like

Replicated Adonis have been confirmed to be corrupted.

1 Like

This is still happening. I added Adonis to my Interview Center for my new cafe game and every time I joined it, it would teleport me to a place called ā€œLoadingā€ then teleport me back to the Interview Center. I have since realized that it was indeed a copy of Adonis made by a person with a similar name to the original creator of Adonis. Please make sure you read who made the model very carefully before implementing it into your game.

3 Likes

We swapped out admin modules for a very simple custom admin script. It misses out on lots of quirky and ā€œfunā€ commands but it is functional i.e it handles everything that is NESSECARY for an admin system and is not a toy.

We also handle everything on the server - no exceptions. It makes it a little clunkier but itā€™s just worth having the peace of mind and security. It shouldnā€™t ever be an issue.

1 Like

That ā€œLoadingā€¦ā€ is a clever tactic to get games views. Nice that you found it. People really enjoy copying the names of popular model owners, then uploading.

Best way to check if itā€™s the real model, look at the devā€™s profile.

Would the dev of a 100k+ downloads model really be wearing bacon hair?

Edit: I didnā€™t realize this post was 6 months old Iā€™m so sorry, it popped up as unread for me, must have been a error with the dev fourmā€¦

1 Like

Actually, loading games are quite different.
Loading games are used in serversides to teleport users to a game with HttpService so they can log a game via web hooks if the game doesnā€™t have HttpService.

4 Likes

Ah yes, no worries. The account you replied to is my old terminated account.

I believe that when Adonis was returning an unexpected error without wrapping the function in pcall, it purposely revealed its module in the server logs, which then backdoors could access the module that returned an error. In the newer updates of Adonis, the developers had patched this security issue with genuine errors showing on server console.

I work for a group of 250K, and this seems to be an issue that puts in danger our stability within moderation, and I think it needs to be fixed. Could anyone tell me if thereā€™s an Adonis Discord support server? I have been trying to find it to get more information about it, but I didnā€™t found anything.

Thanks in advance.

You can find the invite in social links of the group Epix Incorporated, owned by @Davey_Bones

On a second note, I would like to re-iterate what Scel said earlier last year, be aware of malicious copies of the Adonis loader, these are not official and are uploaded by malicious users.

The official Adonis Loader can be found here;

Third, as of last year malicious plugins have started looking for popular admin system loaders in a game, like Adonis, and replacing the ModuleId in the loader with a hijacked one.

The official MainModule for Adonis (ID 2373501710) can be found here;

5 Likes

This. Iā€™m a bit late but just saw this in the recommended posts or whatever.

I wanted to add that Adonis also has an active GitHub where you can participate and view the code and all that. Nothing is hidden, even modules I load remotely are open to view (and are also included in GitHub releases.) Everything that is changed can be seen on the GitHub the moment it happens, and people actively review the source and specifically look for stuff like backdoors or whatever else, so I assure you it is, to the best of knowledge and ability, safe to use. Just make sure itā€™s the version on my Davey_Bones account and not this one since the one on this account is no longer maintained (I just use this to post on the forum cuz my other account canā€™t still lol.)

If you encounter an infected version it most certainly is not from me, or you have an infected plugin messing with the loaderā€™s source (which has apparently been a thing for a little while now and is not something I can block since it happens in studio.)

Edit: Apparently I already replied to this before lol
Edit 2: This thread is like a year old and somehow still randomly active thonk

1 Like