Does Adonis contain a virus?

Hey, Sceleratis!

Just to let you know Adonis has a ton of vulnerabilities that you’ve not realized for a while.

It’s really better for professional groups to use Basic Admin, build their own admin system, or use CmdR if their worried.

However, Adonis does not have any purposeful virus’s in it. It is 100% safe to use besides these oversights I’ve mentioned.

Edit: I didn’t realize its 1yo old either.

Im not sure there is any virus in the real model for adonis.

ive spoken with Sceleratis on his server and we had a discussion about security of adonis on the client and server.

Just to let you know Adonis has a ton of vulnerabilities that you’ve not realized for a while.

Where do you get this information from? All you’re saying here is very vauge. Adonis gets an update or update request every few days, and you’re not including any specific details.

It’s really better for professional groups to use Basic Admin, build their own admin system, or use CmdR if their worried.

Again, why do you think this?

It is 100% safe to use besides these oversights I’ve mentioned.

You haven’t mentioned any oversights here, you’ve just given a vauge statement basically saying “adonis bad! unprofessional!”, without giving any evidence or even saying what has been overseen.

1 Like

I use my own admin scripts, But I have seen people directly target popular admin scripts with backdoor hacks. But I haven’t ever seen Viruses just “showup” I find it odd. Are you sure nothing was changed?

Yes, Adonis does have a virus/backdoor in its scripts, I’d use Basic Admin or something else.

Adonis does not have a virus or backdoor. All the modules are public, so you can see that Adonis does not contain any malicious content, provided you are using the official loader.

4 Likes

If you know something I don’t then submit whatever you’ve found to the GitHub or shoot me a message on Discord @ Sceleratis#0001 (or even post them here, so they can be fixed)

Personally I am of the belief that all game developers, if they have it within their ability, should develop their systems/code themselves for whatever it is they are doing so long as they don’t open up some massive problem in the process.

2 Likes

Yes. Im pretty sure there are not a “ton” of vulnerabilities in adonis. Ive looked thru the source code for a bit. I have even spoken to you on your discord a while back.

In my opinion, I’d like to put the responsibility on you to check first. If you do not find anything, feel free to let me know and I’ll tell you.

To me, this sounds a lot like you just put something out there without anything to back it up.

If what I’ve just said is accurate, please refrain from doing stuff like that as it not only harms both my reputation and my project’s reputation but is also just counterproductive.

If what I’ve just said is not accurate, then please actually tell me what you found so I can fix it. If I knew what it was I would have already resolved it. I’d rather not beat around the bush if there’s genuine vulnerabilities that need fixing.

If it’s an issue of not making it public knowledge, you can also send it to me privately here or over Discord, whichever you prefer.

3 Likes

I’ve gone through Adonis’s source code and I’ve been using it for about 3 years and haven’t ever encountered a problem or seen anything suspicious inside of the source code and as @Sceleratis has said many times in this thread, roblox checks high usage models and modules for any backdoors manually.

Also all the people making up “I found a virus/backdoor” have absolutely no proof to back it up and its their fault if they use an Adonis module/model from a different user

4 Likes

Dont you work with almightyloaf to backdoor games or something using adonis?

Hilarious! What a funny joke.
N o . Does not.

I can actually post on this account now (hoh!)

But moving on, no. That would be stupid and anyone who thinks I would willingly put my own users, reputation, and source of income at risk like that would have to be equally as stupid. I don’t think most people realize that Adonis is an actual source of income for me, so it’s always within my best interest to do whatever makes it better and whatever keeps users happy and using it.

(It’s also fully open source (including anything extra it requires that isn’t in the MainModule) and on GitHub.)

1 Like

I hate to detract from this conversation, but you yourself are one of those people who make fake models with backdoors?

1 Like

I have seen many vulns on the github page, and many people submitting pull requests to patch them but the pull requests never get accepted. You’re making it too obvious my friend.

Edit: also the only pull request that got accepted is when I had a vulnurability I was using in the :face command but i’ve seen countless other vulns that havent been patched yet or have been patched but the changes have not been approved.

Did you take a model that copied adonis admin? there is a 99% chance that you propably took a fake adonis admin model that had a virus in it!

whoops, didn’t see that you already made a post about this, my bad :sweat_smile:

Pull requests never get accepted? That’s odd, I’m looking at the PR history right now and see consistent merges over the past few weeks. If anything, I think you’re making remarks because this thread is detracting from the number of installs you get on your backdoored free models.

4 Likes