Does anybody know if Players invited with :PromptGameInvite have their FollowUserId set?

I wish to make a system to reward players for inviting their friends into game or having friends join them in-game.

However, I do not want them to receive double rewards or have one overwrite the other.
For this I wanted to exclusively use player.FollowUserId, however, does anybody know if joining a game through an invite updates your .FollowUserId?

This would allow me to not need to read the player’s join data.

1 Like

After some testing it seems it isn’t the case, what then could be the best method to achieve this?

Hey! So unfortunately, yes, FollowUserId isn’t set by PromptGameInvite. The next best way would be to use the LaunchData property of ExperienceInviteOptions. If you go this route, I’d recommend giving FollowUserId priority over LaunchData (although generally they shouldn’t both be set).
I’d also recommend validating any id you get from LaunchData with Player:IsFriendsWith(), since LaunchData can be set by other features, like developer deeplinks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.