Does anybody know what the best way to advertise is?

Has anybody got any strategies they use when advertising a game? I usually average 10 - 20 players until I advertise and average 40 - 80 (with 5k robux bid). However, how do I make my player count higher constantly?

I’ve seen one strategy so far which was to advertise everyday for a week in small amount per day.

Any help would be appreciated.

15 Likes

For me, advertising in small amounts every day is the best solution. I currently spend between 600-800R$ daily on sponsored games, split evenly between phone and tablet (this seems to be more effective than advertising on PC for me). At weekends, I bump this up to ≈1600R$ total per day.

After a few months of doing this, I get around 100 concurrent players at peak times (night-time BST), and around 50 normally, although this is constantly going up. As I make more money, I am able to spend more on ads daily.

In the past I have tried spending a ton in one day. This doesn’t work too well for me - I end up making less total Robux which means I have to advertise less for a while. Also, there is always a small chance Roblox could be problematic/down on that day. This shouldn’t be a problem most of the time, but last time I spent a high amount there was an incredibly annoying bug where players were placed alone on a server.

tl;dr: having constant advertising (for me) leads to a much more constant player count which will get higher and higher over time. Obviously this is my opinion and ultimately you should go with whatever works for you, although I would definitely advise trying out both.

47 Likes

I get asked this question dozens of times and, although I agree with astro on some points he made, I think it’s best to point to something more friendly for new members. Check this post out: Using the Roblox Advertising System

If you need more help, just ask.

4 Likes

A good game doesn’t need ads for a large player count. You don’t need to drop thousands of robux on ads to maintain a high player count on a game. Eventually you’ll just be throwing away money for nothing. If I were you I’d try to improve your game or make a new one. Sorry for the harsh criticism, but that’s my take on it.

8 Likes

I will try and combine yours and LuckyTux’s strategies together by bidding daily while updating every few days or so. I already have a discord bot setup to give me feedback but it’s very hard to receive decent feedback when it’s coming from young kids who don’t really understand the concept of giving feedback.

5 Likes

Although he is partially right,

I disagree with Aidan’s opinion on this matter. While certain games over the years have succeeded without ads, such as Jailbreak and Brick Bronze, they had backing in other areas that allowed them to raise their player count attracting more players: YouTube and Twitter. They advertised differently than other games and it’s not fair to say that they should instantly scrap their game- although, on occasion, it is necessary.

This statement is not always true. Many amazing games have stayed relevant with decent player counts and money earned through ads such as Super Bomb Survival and a majority of the IcyTea games. Some games can succeed through ads if they are newcomers to the field or weren’t able to build enough information for players to notice it. Ads still have relevance and necessity to drag in the players who don’t use the other platforms.

10 Likes

OP, the thing about your question is that there are a lot of variables to consider.

I know you’re currently advertising, but “how do I make my player count higher constantly?” makes me think you should see if your issue is an adverting thing or an engagement thing - do players just not know about you game, or do players try it out and not stay engaged? Both issues have fairly different solutions.

In the case of “how can I improve my advertising?” answer these questions:

• Who is my audience? What are their demographics and psychographics? Figure out a “profile” of your average user.
  • What is my peak high concurrent? What is my peak low? Why is this the case? Figure out if kids are playing once home from school, or just before bed, for example.
  • What ads have worked best, what might you have done differently for that ad than others? Was it timing or design? Record the ad’s data, and run it again (if applicable) and record that data.
  • Do you feel like you’re communicating with your community enough? Are you listening to them? Do they understand what your goals are? Talk to them, hold focus groups with your devoted players and new players, you’ll be surprised what you can learn for different perspectives.

The best thing you can do is to record as much data as you can, talk to your players, and if you’re able to - try a variety of ads, sponsors, social media, and even influencer marketing. Do some research into paid and earned advertising tactics and see what you can apply into your situation.

I hope this helps a bit, and message me if you need more info :smiley:

19 Likes