Does anyone know how to make a 'flying' pathfinding?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to make a flying robot fly to a destination without colliding through any part. I thought I could use pathfindingservice, but then it can’t fly.

2. What is the issue?
    PahtfindingService is only for not flying objects. How can I make it fly?

3. What solutions have you tried so far?
    I’ve searched for topics, but none were useful.

1 Like

You will most likely need to create your own pathfinding system like Dijkstra or A*, I recommand Dijkstra first if you haven’t made your own pathfinding before since its easier to learn

Depending on the game I would build several “nodes” that serves as points for the pathfinding instead of making a automatic node placement system (like what roblox has)

1 Like

Thank you! I will search that up! Do you maybe have a link to Dijkstra?

This video is nice and short, with good visualization of the logic of the pathfinding

1 Like

Thanks for the video! I understand the main part of it. But how can I implement this in a script?

I really don’t know how to implement this. It won’t fly…

Note

I have never made my own flying system so I may be wrong but I’ll try to give you the best advice I can.

Solution

I recommend learning how to manipulate parts and so on and if you’ve done this, look at other peoples systems that have flying mechanics and try to implement those into your system. This will help you learn more about the systems used and how to create them.