Does anyone know what toolbox kit or plugin or template that these popular games use?

So most of those group roleplay fighting games have the exact same mechanics but just with different models and UI, take the following for example;

Roman Universe

Images

Empire Roleplay

Images

Roman Empire Roleplay

Images

These games seem just a little too similar to be made by different dev teams without some kit, or plugin. I have been trying to find that “kit” for almost two years now to no avail. So now I am coming to yall. Have yall ever seen this kit or plugin or whatever it is? and if so where? How can I get my hands on this? Also what do you think about this, Empire Roleplay is front page and it is doing this, I think this is kinda unoriginal basing an entire game off of these free models or kits or whatever and most don’t even give credit to the creator.

There are many games that look and run the same way but it would be unfair to call them all out for copying. Keep looking if you want but I suggest just making it yourself, it would be more time efficient

Some models might be taken from the toolbox but it is the toolbox after all

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they just copied each other. That is something Roblox developers do because they are lazy.

1 Like

Well for the UI part, two games I see on your list use TopBarPlus for the Buttons next to the chat button. The other UIs are most likely made from scratch with inspiration from the other games.

And these models are probably distributed to these groups by the person that made it.

2 Likes

https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/4500377880/Interface-Tools
https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/4486409103/RigEdit-Plus
https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/2971874773/Atmos-professional-skyboxes-and-lighting

hope i helped! : D

From what I know, it’s a combat tech called “DR Tech”. It is very popular among Roman and Medieval groups.

2 Likes

Sorry but ER does not use DR fully they use a heavily modified version.
Also I would like to note that DR Tech is not in the toolbox nor is it a plugin (That I know of) if I am wrong please send the link in a reply

He was referring to the combat tech they used but it helped me a lot with my development

This is a late response to the thread but I thought it may be worth pitching in some info since I have some knowledge on the ui system you are referring to.

This inventory and crafting system was originally used by the roblox group called “Dominium Romanum”, which was coded by the user Zer0xxs. The game was launched around 2019 and hosted a large presence in the ancient genre community on Roblox. The inventory and crafting system, possibly based on, but undeniably similar to MarkAntonius’ 2012 game “Roman Parthia” from the group The Senate and People of Rome owned by YourCaesar.

Subsequently, after a few months the community plateau’d and the owners of the groups released the system to a select few groups to use. One person with access released it to another and it was finally given to a roblox user named Casanovuh, who ran another Roman group. This then was transferred to a spanish conquistador game and reskinned. As well it has been used by the Game of Thrones genre on roblox. Another notable group that used it was the long standing The Roman Empire, owned and run by AugustusJuliusCaesar, or “AJC”. Through each iteration it has changed heavily and has even seen major system additions.

However, it is still commonly reffered to as “DR” tech by the original community members of Dominium Romanum. The scripts are not as common in the ancient genre community however due to its complexity in regards to setting it up and transferring the animation IDs.

If you look up “roman game ui”, this thread pops up - so I feel DR tech has an imprint on any gaming community wanting to emulate the ancient romans, as well as the medevial, GOT, and antiquity ro-nation communities as a whole.

1 Like