Does anyone still have the old wood material?

I always used it in my builds so far, and while I don’t necessarily dislike the new version, it’s not as subtle and rough as the old one used to be.

Is anyone willing to share the file if they have it downloaded on their computer? Frankly I believe Roblox should have given us the old texture images to implement if needed in our games but what can I say?

You can go back to old materials by settings this to false.

3 Likes

I specifically requested for the old texture because I want to add that over the new ones, without losing access to 2022 materials. Controversial opinion: I prefer the new materials, it’s just that the old wood has some uses which cannot be filled by it’s new texture.

2 Likes

I believe you can access the materials from the Roblox Studio files (Via File Explorer), from there maybe download them to the Desktop and import them to Studio as Texture or PBR material.

1 Like

Here, you have access to all the materials’ textures and peripherals, even the old ones, so you can reconstruct any old texture as a material variant.
https://create.roblox.com/docs/building-and-visuals/studio-modeling/materials#asset-ids-for-built-in-materials

1 Like