Does my game pass the new roblox advertising rules?

Hi, Roblox is updating the rules on advertising on June 15th so that players under 13 will not see in-game ads. I’m not sure whether this would be allowed or not under the new rules. Does anyone know if the new rules only cover traditional ads (which advertise products/services outside of roblox) or ads for in-game products too? I’ve attached a screenshot of an example below.

As far as I can tell this is allowed, but I want to be careful to make sure my game doesn’t get banned.

Assuming you live in the US, here’s some information about Advertisement Regulations:

Edit: If you’re DIRECTLY advertising to children, you must comply with COPPA

By the way, this seems just fine because there isn’t any deception involved. I don’t think you’ll get in trouble for this.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I’d assume this only applies to products which you buy directly with cash/real money? Like in this case, this is an in-game purchase with virtual currency. This would definitely apply to buying robux itself though. I could be wrong though???

No, you’re definitely right. If you join any popular game, you’ll see advertisements for in-game products similar to yours. You should be fine, there isn’t really much documentation on this due to the fact most people find it “obvious”.

I personally think you should be fine doing this though.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree it does seem pretty obvious. I’m assuming it’s okay for the new rules but it’s always safe to get a second opinion. I wouldn’t want the game to be banned.

1 Like