Does Roblox support Oculus VR?

Hi everyone! I was thinking about coming up with a game for VR, and I was wondering what headsets it supported, I found a few articles on it, but they are all outdated (from more then 2 years ago.) And in specifically, if it supported the Oculus Go.

Not sure if this is the right place to talk about this, I am still new to the forums, if it isn’t, tell me and Ill move it right away!

Thanks everyone!
-pqkle

6 Likes

I thing it is not. Only Oculus Rift and HTC Vive are supported. I may be wrong though.

If you have an Oculus Go why not join a vr compatible game and see if it works

I’ve seen some VR games on ROBLOX. In the description they’d say “Recommended you use Oculus” But i’m not too sure.

Roblox uses a whitelist of headsets due to some detection problems with the headsets a few years ago. This whitelist is based on the hardware ids in Windows of the headsets and contains the whitelist for the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Microsoft Mixed Reality headsets, which means headsets by other vendors, like the Valve Index, are hit-or-miss. The Oculus Go is different because it is not supported by Oculus Link, meaning it can’t be tethered to your system. This makes the Oculus Go not compatible with Roblox since Roblox does not have a dedicated app for the Oculus Go and hasn’t shown much interesting in supporting any VR development. If you want to play Roblox with the headset, you should consider getting the Oculus Rift S.

2 Likes

Thanks, I though that but the forms were last updated in 2018 so I was just checking, thanks a ton!

1 Like

I don’t have a Oculus Go, I was planning on buying one for Roblox, but I wanted to see if it was compatible.

1 Like

Oh, they do have that, but it doesn’t specify if its the Quest, Rift, or Go. Thanks!

Alright, thanks for the info, it helped me gain a more knowledgeable understanding and Ill definitely look into it! Thanks a ton!