Does the Graphics Driver type matter for Roblox Studio?

I assume this is the correct category because the reason for Roblox studio freezing is because I have a very large map of “realistic” assets.
I’ve decided to reinstall windows hoping it would fix the studio freezing problem and when I was given a choice on the geforce website to install the driver it gave me game ready driver (for games) or a studio driver (for animation, video editing, software applications, etc), originally I had game ready driver but I wanted to ask does it really matter? Like will it actually perform better for such a high-end gpu like Rtx 3070 or they’re both the same?
Ultimately I am trying to find out what is the best way to manage an open world sized map without dealing with roblox studio freezing issues.

Might be wrong here, but the studio drivers are probably more stable for stuff like video encoding or rendering stuff in 3d applications like Blender. For Roblox Studio(as it uses the same sort of encoding stuff as a normal game) you should(most likely) use the normal game driver.

No harm in trial and error though.

1 Like

99% of GPU drivers do not contain the actual code that allows the GPU to run, but rather fixes for poorly designed applications. Every time you get a new “driver update,” you should know that it’s probably a fix for some game.

Roblox’s crashing probably has to do with a DPI scaling setting.

Change “graphicsMode” in studio settings to “NoGraphics”. Then, edit without using the viewport (it isn’t too hard if you’re mainly a scripter).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.