Does this Cliff side look good? Tips anyone?

Working on a Roblox game right now and just wondering if I could get some feedback. A few knows to take:
-Can’t be super detailed because game is on one large map.
-Meshes can be used(Trees, Vines, etc)
-All Roblox Terrain not changing water etc.

I just want to see what the community likes before I continue with inland. Also:
-Please don’t just say, “Looks great man! Keep up the good work” if you don’t like, or even have a small issue with ONE thing let me know. I will post updated images after feedback.
-I want you guys to be a harsh as you can, this is a low style game and trying to keep it detailed enough, but not to the point of laggy for an everyday computer/console.
Thank you. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

2 Likes

I think it looks good IMO, but you could probably try mixing more materials, like dirt, slate & grass. (primarily dirt mixed with slate here and there, considering you have grass on the top)

1 Like

I like the cliff you made in my opinion. Like what @codyorr4 said, mix or paint some other materials onto there instead of just grass and rocks. But in other aspects it’s nice!

Nice job. :+1:

2 Likes

Great work, but I think a lot of the steep sides that have grass could be turned into dirt or mud, (not change the rocks!) If that isn’t your style, I don’t recommend doing it though, because if your game is more cartoony-looking with bright green grass, etc, adding lots of terrain detail would throw it off.
I’m not a cartoony-style developer/terrain dev so take this with a grain of salt.

There is also a small issue on the top-right-most caves. They look very rectangular in my opinion, however it might just be the perspective of the camera.
Other than that, looks great!

2 Likes

The general shape of the cliffs look great so far, however in the center of the image the cliff seems to go convex and then bulge towards the top giving it an odd look, you could make the cliff either completely convex and slope out towards the top or smooth the bulge out more if its something you want to keep. Here’s a pic zooming in on what I mean
cliffside

You could also paint dirt along the divide between rock and grass so the transition between the two aren’t so sharp, as well as paint some sediment along the waterline such as sand or mud.
Besides all of that nitpicking the terrain looks great, good luck on your game!

3 Likes

The thing with adding dirt is, mainly I have dirt pathways, also the grass and stone fits the cartoonish style that I’m looking for, but that being said, I think adding vines(Meshes) on the cliff walls(Around the map). But all was considered. Fixed some issues like a bulge in the wall. I also think adding some greenery will make it look for fitting.