Does this game idea sound like a good idea as a good game?

The Game:You are in a room that is seemingly endless each time you walk through the door you are greeted with the same room as the last you start to realize that these are the same rooms.

Your job is the player is to investigate these seemingly endless room that look the same to find why these rooms are looping. If you end the loop you win. This game is all about paying attention to small details. I would classify this game as a Horror puzzle game thst hope is a unique concept.

In conclusion
If you do like this game concept tell me what should I add or what is your take on these game idea.Also how should I monetize this game.

7 Likes

The idea is good, but I would add background music, so the players do not get bored, and each time they cross more rooms the music accelerates, and you could put 2 endings, 1 which is that you win and finish the game and 2 What would it be like if you meet a boss or a monster and lose.

3 Likes

Sounds like a neat concept! It makes players have to notice the small details and I think it would make them tend to appreciate the work put in other games too as they’re more able to notice the small things in games.

2 Likes

I was going to add ambience to the background as the player maybe I could make an occasional heartbeat sound that intensifies as the player crosses the rooms

1 Like

Any ideas on monetization? Im not trying to make the game bad if I over do it with monetization.

1 Like

I don’t know if this idea interests you, but if you want to monetize your game, adding gamepasses and developer products I would say let’s do something, simple and simple, like A VIP, and different types of tools, since this way the game could become a story which There are only 2 exits, life or death, and users would buy weapons or flashlights (Depending if you want to do it in the dark) and different advantages.

2 Likes

Im trying to think how could I monetize the game without making it pay to win but the flashlight might just seem to op.

1 Like

I suggest maybe having a donate section, or having fun gamepasses that modify how the game looks

3 Likes

A good idea in practice, but you are goin to need to make a choice: make the game more easier, or have a fully fleshed out room to hide detail, but cause the game to stretch on a bit longer than it should.

3 Likes

Sounds like a good idea what ideas do you have for the room designs or any suggestions for the room do you want me to add.

1 Like

It’s actually a very fun concept.
Perhaps you could add a storyline or something to give it more of a horror feel.

2 Likes

What I am suggesting is taking a room in the average household or building, so that way the game doesn’t take too long but changes might not be immediately obvious.

Overall, think the concept is a good idea.

2 Likes

There’s a similar game on Roblox called “Rooms” where you have to walk through seemingly endless rooms, and is targeted as a horror game.

I do think another game similar with more variation, customization and addons could be really good though.

You can monetize the game by possibly having different settings as gamepasses. For example, you could do a house interior gamepass, a school interior gamepass, could even possibly do stuff like a forest “rooms”, you could make a “hint” gamepass, donation section and some aesthetic gamepasses, gamepasses like sprint for faster game completion and even more.

2 Likes

Please send me a link to this game called room sbecause I don’t want to try and copy another game the thing is that is different is that the room is already filled with objects from the start of the game and as you slowly walk through the doors you will find that some objects are the same or they fill out of place.

1 Like